One-bowl Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies that are gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free. A healthy cookie recipe that’s easy too!
Simple recipes yield simple pleasures, and this, my friends, is just one of those recipes.
I’ve made versions of this cookie for years now, a variation of my teff almond butter cookies and peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but never had an official recipe for them on the blog. They are here now.
Welcome, almond butter chocolate chip cookies.
A dough consisting mostly of almond butter and almond flour, makes for a delightfully chewy cookie, bite after bite. Sweetened with maple syrup and topped with flaky sea salt (a must!), this is a chocolate chip cookie you can feel good about.
I took a batch of these cookies to girls night at Kathryne’s this week, and we pretty much polished them off. While the base is almond-ingredient heavy, the taste isn’t almond forward, letting the chocolate chip cookie part ring true.
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- ¾ cup all-natural unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare flax egg, set aside. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond butter, maple syrup, and flax egg together. Add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and gently roll into a loose ball with your hands. The dough will be sticky, spray your hands will cooking spray as needed to make rolling easier. Place ball on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to look golden on top (I found 11 minutes was perfect for my oven). Allow to rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing with a spatula and placing on wire rack. Leave on wire rack until completely cool.