Homemade Vegan Eggnog
This Homemade Vegan Eggnog is an easy, healthier version of the holiday drink. Made with almond milk, coconut cream, dates, maple syrup, and spices, enjoy it with or without alcohol.
- 4 Medjool dates, halved and pitted
- 2 13.5 oz cans full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (or 2 3/4 cups coconut cream)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ground nutmeg for serving
- 1/2 to 1 ounce per serving bourbon rum, or cognac
- cinnamon sticks for serving optional
Place your dates in a blender and cover them with hot water. Allow dates to soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain and return dates to blender.
Scoop only the solid white coconut milk from the cans and add to blender. This should be about 2 3/4 cups. Then add almond milk, maple syrup, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Blend on high until smooth and dates are incorporated.
Add a 1/2 to 1 ounce bourbon, rum, or cognac to each serving glass. Pour eggnog in glasses and serve immediately. Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg. Add a cinnamon stick for garnish, if desired. For non-alcoholic drinks, omit the alcohol.
Store any leftover vegan eggnog in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Natural separation will occur, so stir to re-incorporate before serving.