Healthy Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Healthy Strawberry Baked Oatmeal made with ground flaxseed, almond milk, and sweetened with maple syrup. Use freeze-dried or fresh strawberries. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons warm water)
- 2 cups (170g) gluten-free oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped optional
- 1.2 ounces freeze-dried strawberries or 2-2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or vegan butter, cooled
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 2-quart (or similar) baking dish. Prepare flax eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
Add oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and pecans to baking dish. Whisk to combine. Add strawberries, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and flax eggs.
Gently stir ingredients until all dry ingredients have been moistened. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before placing in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. The top should start to turn golden and edges will brown.
Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with additional almond milk, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, or coconut whipped cream, if desired. Best when fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.