Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread
This Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread is made with brown rice flour and arrowroot starch and sweetened with maple syrup. A classic banana bread that is also nut-free and vegan!
- 2 flax eggs 2T ground flaxseed + 6T warm water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups (290g) mashed overripe bananas (3 medium)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (152g) brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup (45g) arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan with parchment paper. Prepare your flax eggs and allow to sit for 4-5 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the melted coconut oil, mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and flax eggs. Stir to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixture is evenly incorporated.
Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. A tester should come out with only a few crumbs. Allow bread to cool completely before slicing.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg