Cauliflower Rice and Black Beans with Corn is an easy recipe to serve up a wholesome, plant-based meal, topped with a fresh tomato-cilantro salsa. Gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan.
Easy weeknight meals have been my saving grace as of late. If said meals make good leftovers, then it's a total bonus.
Cauliflower rice has quickly made its way into our weekly rotation alongside quinoa, brown rice, and lentils. Recipes like potato cauliflower soup and roasted cauliflower parmesan are both hearty and vegetarian.
The beauty of cauliflower rice is that you can easily make it from a head of cauliflower, or, as I often do, buy frozen riced cauliflower and make the countdown to dinner even faster.
This cauliflower rice and black beans with corn and fresh tomato-cilantro salsa are veggie-filled and fiber-rich.
Lightly seasoned, it is a perfect meal to add your favorite toppings, like avocado slices, cheese, sour cream, or added protein.
So whichever way you want it, cauliflower rice and beans will be your weeknight savior.
Check out this great tutorial on how to make cauliflower rice from The Endless meal!
Cauliflower Rice and Black Beans with Corn
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced* or 1-12oz package frozen cauliflower rice about 3 ½ cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2-15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (2 limes) divided
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- avocado slices
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in cauliflower rice, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Turn down heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add black beans and 1 tablespoon lime juice, stir, and cook for about 5 minutes more or until beans are heated through. Add extra chili powder, cumin, or salt and pepper if desired and to taste.While rice and beans are cooking, add remaining tablespoon lime juice, tomatoes, and cilantro to a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- When the cauliflower rice and beans are ready to serve, top with tomato mixture.Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Traci | Vanilla And Bean
So in love with Cauli rice Tessa! I've not tried frozen, but can see how it would save the pain of having little cauli pieces all over the kitchen! I typically get it all over the place! hehe... This recipes sounds delicious and I love how quick it comes together. Hello leftovers! :D
Super FRESH, girl. And love the pop of tomatoes on top!
Thanks!! Even reheated as leftovers those tomatoes add a little something special. ;)
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
I LOVE the frozen cauliflower rice Tessa. It makes dishes like this one a total snap! I love all the ingredients you've got going on here too. It would definitely make for good leftovers for lunch!
Great combination of flavors. Those are some gorgeous tomatoes!
Thank you, Mimi!
Abby @ Heart of a Baker
Ohh this seems like a perfect prep and take for lunch meal! I've been trying to find more of those and really need to up my cauli rice game!
Kelsey @ Appeasing a Food Geek
Loving this flavor combo! It seems like a perfect filling, yet fresh weeknight meal. Definitely going on the list! :) xoxo