Mix up your pancake game with these wholesome Corn Flour Pancakes with Strawberry Compote. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious.
When all else fails, make pancakes. For breakfast. For dinner.
For whenever you need.
They never disappoint, do they?
Since going gluten-free, my pancake world has widened greatly.
Sure, there are gluten-free pancake mixes that mimic "real pancakes," and all-purpose gluten-free flours are easy subs in your stand-by pancake recipe.
But using flavorful all-natural gluten-free flours adds a whole other dimension.
But there are so many possibilities—corn flour, buckwheat, almond flour, chestnut flour—flavors abound.
Using finely ground corn flour, these pancakes are light, fluffy, and have a mild sweetness that sets them apart.
Topped with a simple strawberry compote, I find I don't even reach for the maple syrup.
But you totally can.
Make these corn flour pancakes with strawberry compote recipe?
I'd love to see! Tag your creations on Instagram with #saltedplains.
More Pancake Recipes:
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Corn Flour Pancakes with Strawberry Compote (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Corn Flour Pancakes
- 2 cups strawberries quartered and halved
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar or honey
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make the the Strawberry Compote: Place strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until the strawberries have broken down to desired consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To make the Corn Flour Pancakes: In a medium bowl, whisk corn flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon together. Add the almond milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract. Whisk until batter is smooth. If batters seems too thin, add a little corn flour. If too thick, add a little extra almond milk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, and again as needed. Make a small test pancake before using the rest of the batter. Fill a ¼ measuring cup slightly less than full, pour batter onto skillet and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles appear and the bottom has browned. Flip and cook again until bottom has slightly browned. Remove cooked pancakes and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with strawberry compote.