This Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water is a great way to create a healthy beverage to incorporate into a daily routine or sip on a hot summer day!
Drinking enough water can be tough sometimes, but is essential for good health. Giving plain water a boost is a great way to hydrate with some extra health benefits.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Healthy refreshing drink
- A great addition to daily water intake
- No added sugars
- All natural ingredients
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are a few quick notes about the ingredients in this recipe. You can see a complete list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
Cucumber - Adding cucumber helps increase hydration and has a purifying effect on the body. The natural detoxifier also adds subtle extra flavor. Use the kind of cucumber you have on hand. English cucumbers, Persian, and garden cucumbers are all great.
Lemon - Lemon and other citrus fruits are great sources of bioactive compounds and are rich in nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin E, and minerals. A great ingredient for boosting the immune system with some bright lemon flavor.
Ginger - Fresh ginger root has a nice spicy flavor plus antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It has been known to inhibit the production of cholesterol, help with weight management, benefit gastrointestinal motility, and aid digestion.
Water - Our regular H2O is transformed into fruit-infused water in just a couple of hours!
Before you start: Wash the cucumber, and lemon thoroughly to remove any dirt or impurities before using a sharp knife to slice them. Peel the ginger.
Step 1: Take a large pitcher or a large glass jar and add the fresh lemon slices, cucumber slices, and ginger slices to it.
Step 2: Fill the pitcher or mason jar with water, leaving some space at the top for stirring. Use a wooden spoon or a long spoon to gently stir the ingredients together, ensuring they are evenly distributed. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours before transferring to the refrigerator.
After the infusion time, you can strain it if desired, or leave the ingredients in for added flavor.
Serve the glasses of water over ice cubes and enjoy!
- For best results, allow the lemon ginger cucumber mixture to infuse at room temperature for at least two hours. Transfer to the refrigerator right after if not drinking right away.
- To serve, you can strain the lemon cucumber water, or serve it as is.
The benefits of drinking water are plenty. Here are some major areas it aids:
- Gets rid of waste
- Keep a normal temperature
- Weight management
- Protecting organs and tissues
- Cushioning joints
Yes! You can store the infused water In an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
To make tap water taste better, infuse it! This cucumber lemon ginger recipe is a perfect way to support good digestion and a healthy diet while pleasing your taste buds.
Yes! This combination is light, refreshing, with a hint of spiciness.
More refreshing recipes
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1.5 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 6-8 cups of water
- Take a large glass jar or pitcher and add the fresh lemon slices, cucumber slices, and ginger slices to it.
- Fill the pitcher or jar with water, leaving some space at the top for stirring. Use a wooden spoon or a long spoon to gently stir the ingredients together. Cover and allow to infuse for 2 hours at room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator if not drinking immediately.
- After the infusion time, you can strain the water if desired, or leave the ingredients in for added flavor.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!