It's Popsicle Week! An easy, 2-ingredient lemonade popsicle recipe naturally sweetened with honey. Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and with a vegan option.
I think it's fair to say that nothing evokes summertime memories more for me than lemonade. Sweet, tart, ice-cold lemonade.
As a kid, armed with those little paper Dixie cups and pitcher of sugar-laden Country Time Lemonade that I proudly made all by myself, my friends and I would set up our stand at the corner of our cul-de-sac and do our best to convince passersby and cars that they needed lemonade.
Cicadas chorused, the Midwestern humidity and heat was unrelenting, but we were determined. LEMONADE FOR SALE.
Now, if it had been left up to me, we probably wouldn't have made any money. I was on the shyer side as a kid and screaming LEMONADE FOR SALE was not really in my skill-set. Thank goodness for friends, right?
These lemonade popsicles are infinitely better for you than my childhood lemonade endeavors, and one might argue even easier. I first saw the method for making blender lemonade using the whole lemon on PureWow. One lemon—rind and all—water, sweetener, and ice. I paired this simple method down even more for these pops with one lemon, water, and honey. Voilà.
Honey-sweetened lemonade popsicles. Sweet, tart, ice-cold. No screaming necessary.
These popsicles along with many fantastic others are all over on Wit & Vinegar's blog for #PopsicleWeek, with new ones being added each day. A popsicle for every mood! Check it out!
Honey-Sweetened Lemonade Popsicles
- 1 whole lemon cleaned, sliced into quarters, with exposed pith and seeds removed
- ¼-1/3 cup honey or to taste or light agave syrup if vegan
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup raspberries optional
- In a high-powered blender, add lemon wedges, honey, and water. Blend until completely smooth. Taste/test for desired sweetness and add more if needed.
- Pour into a 10-cavity popsicle mold. If using raspberries, divide evenly and add to molds. The lemonade will most likely be a bit frothy, so tap sides of mold or use popsicle stick to dissolve bubbles. Add sticks and place in freezer until solid.