Indulge in the captivating Blue Lagoon Mocktail—a stunning, alcohol-free drink with a refreshing twist. With only two ingredients, experience tropical vibes with its vibrant blue hue and delightful citrus flavor. Perfect for any occasion!
The classic blue lagoon cocktail is known for its beautiful blue color and delicious citrus flavor. Instead of the Caribbean liqueur and vodka, this easy mocktail has made some simple swaps to create a spirits-free version.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Only two ingredients!
- Easy summer drink
- Non-alcoholic version of the classic cocktail
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are a few quick notes about the ingredients in this recipe. You can see a complete list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
Blue curaçao syrup - In lieu of blue curaçao liqueur, this sweet syrup with the bright blue hue has a mild orange flavor that mimics the orange-flavored liqueur. This also helps act as our simple syrup in this mocktail version. Can't find this syrup? Substitute the curaçao with orange juice and blue food coloring.
Lemonade - A traditional blue lagoon cocktail is usually composed of vodka, curacao liqueur, and lemonade or lemon-lime soda. To keep things simple, lemonade works wonderfully with the curaçao syrup taste.
Optional garnishes - This delicious drink can be garnished with a lemon slice wheel or lemon wedges, ribboned orange peel or orange slices, maraschino cherries, or a cocktail umbrella.
Before you start: Get out all ingredients and ice cubes.
Step 1: Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add the syrup, then the lemonade to the glass, filling it almost to the top.
Step 2: Stir gently to mix the ingredients together. Garnish the glass with a lemon slice or maraschino cherry, if desired. Serve the mocktail immediately and enjoy!
- You can serve this in a hurricane glass, highball glass, or any tall glass.
- You can stir this recipe right in the glass, but feel free to fill a cocktail shaker with ice and strain it into a glass filled with lots of ice.
If you like your mocktail to be more on the bubbly side, feel free to top it off with one of the following:
- Club soda
- Topo Chico or sparkling water
Perfect for a hot summer day or any occasion, this mocktail recipe is great for those that are pregnant, would like to avoid alcohol and anyone that likes refreshing, fun drinks. Here are some ideas to use this cocktail to celebrate!
- Baby showers
- Wedding showers
- 4th of July, Labor Day, or Memorial Day
Yes! The two ingredients in this mocktail are blue curacao syrup and lemonade which are both gluten-free. Check the ingredient label and allergen statement of the syrup to ensure there are no gluten-containing ingredients.
This recipe is made up of blue curacao syrup and lemonade.
More recipes to enhance your drinks
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- 1 ounce blue curaçao syrup
- 6 ounces lemonade
- Lemon slice and maraschino cherry for garnish optional
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add the syrup, then the lemonade to the glass, filling it almost to the top.
- Stir gently to mix the ingredients together. Garnish the glass with a lemon slice and maraschino cherry, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!