This Berry Ginger Vodka Cocktail is a refreshing drink made with berry infused vodka, ginger simple syrup, and lemon juice.
Earlier this week I shared the recipe for how to make your own berry infused vodka. Currently, I am getting ready to infuse a batch of raspberries, and I'm already thinking about getting my hands on some Missouri peaches and giving those a try.
Today I wanted to share a cocktail recipe we've been making with our berry infused vodka. It's simple and refreshing and would be easy to make for friends at your July 4th cookouts and celebrations.
First, you'll make a simple syrup with fresh ginger. The recipe below will give you extra ginger simple syrup so you can continue to make fruity vodka drinks at your leisure.
Then you'll combine the simple syrup with lemon juice and your berry infused vodka over ice. And voilà! It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
I've also noted below if you want your drink a little more on the fizzy side, add a splash of club soda.
And if you are planning out your holiday weekend treats, this 5-minute paleo strawberry ice cream from Perry's Plate looks like a cool and creamy addition to any summer get together. Plus, these low carb cookies from Carolyn would be a delicious addition to the dessert table!
Berry Ginger Vodka Cocktail
Ginger Simple Syrup
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ (heaping) cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 ½ ounces berry infused vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce ginger simple syrup
- splash of club soda
- candied ginger
Ginger Simple Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, add water, cane sugar, and ginger. Stir occasionally while bringing to a boil. Once at a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool for 20-25 minutes.
- Strain simple syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a sealable container. Store syrup in the refrigerator.
- In a cocktail glass, fill with ice, add berry infused vodka, lemon juice, and ginger simple syrup. Stir. Add a splash of club soda and/or garnish with candied ginger if desired.