This Gluten-Free Cinnamon Bread is made with almond and oat flours and topped with a simple glaze. A dairy-free and egg-free cinnamon quick bread recipe!
When you cross a cinnamon roll with coffee cake, the result is downright delicious.
This quick bread uses whole grain gluten-free oat flour and almond flour and is laced with a cinnamon sugar swirl. It's moist and flavorful and makes a wonderful pairing with your morning coffee or tea.
Cinnamon Quick Bread Ingredients
While the glaze for this bread is optional, it really does bring out the cinnamon roll aspect of this recipe. This dairy-free and egg-free loaf comes together quickly. Here's the major ingredients you'll need:
- Ground flaxseed
- Almond milk
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Almond flour
- Gluten-free oat flour
- Arrowroot starch
- Vegan butter or coconut oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Organic cane sugar
- Coconut sugar
- Organic powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
Since this quick bread combines oat flour and almond flour, it is important to stick with almond flour, not almond meal. This will result in a better texture and nicer crumb.
Gluten-free oat flour
If you need to ensure that this is a completely gluten-free recipe, make sure you are buying certified gluten-free oat flour. Oat flour lends to this sweet quick bread recipe an extra dose of whole grain goodness and flavor.
More Gluten-Free Quick Bread Recipes
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Bread
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice half of 1 lemon
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour 105 g
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour 112 g
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch 25 g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic cane sugar 115 g
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar 137 g
- 1 tablespoon + two teaspoons almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a blender, add ground flax seeds, almond milk, lemon juice, applesauce, and melted vegan butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, oat flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, salt, and organic cane sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla extract to the mixture in the blender, and blend on high until smooth. Fold liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Combine cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixture on top of batter. Pour remaining batter on top. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar in an even layer on top. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove gluten-free cinnamon bread from oven and place on a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before topping with glaze.
- When ready to glaze, combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. For a thicker glaze, add a little more powdered sugar. For a thinner glaze, add a little more almond milk. Pour glaze over top of bread and spead into an even layer, allowing to drip down the sides.
- Allow glaze to set before slicing and serving.