Healthy Vegan Egg Muffins made with wholesome chickpea flour, fresh vegetables, and spices for an easy grab-and-go breakfast. Just add your favorite toppings! Gluten-free.
I recently had a friend ask me how I used chickpea flour. When I got to thinking about it, apart from making socca, I really hadn't played with it much.
That needed to change. With so many wonderful gluten-free flours out there, chickpea flour should certainly have a place in the pantry. Chickpea flour is a naturally gluten-free flour that is not only high in protein, but high in fiber too.
In addition to protein and fiber, chickpea flour is a good source of vitamins and minerals, like folate, selenium, and B vitamins!
In my mind, this makes it the perfect gluten-free flour to add to your breakfast routine. I am always on the hunt for easy-to-grab breakfast options—which, in all honesty, sometimes become my lunch option—but want them to be nutritiously packed with staying power.
As an alternative to those egg muffin cup recipes, these healthy vegan egg muffins work as a hearty egg-free option or just an additional recipe to add variety to your easy breakfast collection. Like mini frittatas, no sharing required.
Chopped red and green bell peppers and cherry tomatoes are used here, but feel free to vary the veggies as desired. Divide your vegetables amongst the muffin tin cups, pour over the batter, and bake. Simple, no fuss.
Wrap individually in plastic wrap to grab throughout the week. When ready to serve, season as desired and add your favorite toppings such as avocado or hot sauce!
And if you are feeling the fall breakfast cravings coming in at a quick pace, check out these gluten-free pumpkin donuts from Gluten-Free Palate.
Healthy Vegan Egg Muffins
- 2 cups garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour 250 g
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup orange, red, or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add almond milk and water to dry mixture and whisk until evenly combined. Set bowl aside while you prep the veggies. The batter should rest for about 10 minutes before pouring into muffin tins.
- Divide prepared vegetables evenly in each of the 12 muffins cups. Pour prepared chickpea batter into each cup about ¾ of the way full. Bake for 30-35 minutes or tops start to brown slightly and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and allow to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before using a sharp knife to loosen edges and remove muffins. Serve immediately and season with salt and pepper. Add toppings or hot sauce as desired.
I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this site.
I really hope to view the same high-grade content from you later on as well.
In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged
me to get my very own website now ;)
Traci | Vanilla And Bean
What a delicious grab n go breakfast, Tessa! I've just recently started playing with chickpea flour and have found it's a terrific egg replacer in some recipes too (just like that fabulous aquafaba!). These little savory muffins are just what I need for crazy mornings. Delicious!
Always looking for good breakfast options. These are really easy!