This summer I fully realized how much I enjoy rum-based cocktails. My warm-weather drink of choice has always been the tried-and-true gin and tonic, but while in New Orleans last month, we took a rum distillery tour, and it made me reassess my desire for all things rum.
On our end-of-summer last-hurrah road trip to Colorado, we spent an evening on a mountain bar patio sipping the most delicious honeydew concoction. It was fresh, slightly sweet, and it had me at hello.
Today, thanks to Sherrie of With Food + Love, several bloggers have gotten together to share the best cocktails and non-alcoholic summer drinks so that we can all #DRINKTHESUMMER. So I’ve collided my new affinity for rum with my new love of honeydew to brightly flavor a sweet, boozy cocktail with this recipe for frozen honeydew daiquiris.
These frozen honeydew daiquiris couldn’t be easier. Use a fresh honeydew melon and cube the fruit, or for a super-fast cocktail fix-up, buy the fresh pre-cut honeydew at your local grocery store. Throw the ingredients in a blender, and you are seconds away from sweet refreshment.
Check out the other fabulous #DRINKTHESUMMER recipes below, raise a glass, and savor the final weeks of summer before they are gone. Cheers, my friends!
- 2 cups cubed honeydew (1 melon)
- ½ cup white rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender except crushed ice. Blend, starting at low speed and move up to high speed until honeydew is pureed. Add crushed ice and blend again until incorporated.
- Pour in two classes, garnish with lime and straw if desired.