Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles made with almond flour and rolled in cinnamon and organic cane sugar for a soft and chewy dairy-free cookie!
I hope you haven't yet tired of cookies. This will be my last cookie post of the holiday season, but I assure you it's not one to miss.
I've long thought the blog was in need of a snickerdoodle recipe, and today, my friends, is the day.
Adapted from my chewy gingersnaps this simple recipe uses almond flour, which I think, along with the cream of tartar and a bit of honey, makes for a wonderful crumb and just the right amount of chewiness.
A coating of cinnamon and organic cane sugar on the outside makes for that sweet snickerdoodle crunch.
For another spin on the snickerdoodle, my pumpkin snickerdoodles are ones to try too!
More Cookie Recipes:
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cane sugar and egg. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix to incorporate. Add melted butter, followed by honey and vanilla. Mix for about a minute until well incorporated.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix again until dough forms. Chill for 20-30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Place coating ingredients in a shallow bowl or plate. Use a fork or whisk to combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough, then roll into a ball. (Dough is slightly sticky, use cooking spray on hands if needed). Place dough ball on plate with cinnamon-sugar, roll to coat, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Bottom and tops should start to turn golden. Use a spatula to transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.