These Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are made with almond flour, coconut oil, and flaxseed. No eggs, no dairy, no gluten!
This is the cookie you are going to want to make right now.
There are a lot of peanut cookie recipes out there, but I wanted one that was not only gluten-free but egg-free as well.
Peanut butter cookies are comfort food in all the right ways. Salty, sweet, and satisfying. This recipe is no different.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
These gluten-free peanut butter cookies don't take a lot of ingredients or a lot of effort. Here's the major ingredients you'll need:
- Creamy peanut butter
- Coconut oil
- Ground flaxseeds
- Coconut sugar
- Organic cane sugar
- Almond flour
- Vanilla extract
The result of using almond flour and forgoing the eggs for ground flaxseeds is a soft peanut butter cookie with just enough crispness in the bite.
And here's a pro tip—they are even better when stored in the refrigerator.
Top them with a little sea salt before you put them in the oven, and you'll have peanut butter cookie bliss coming right up.
Want to make your own peanut butter? Check out this how to make peanut butter tutorial from Texanerin!
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
Peanut Butter Maple Scotcheroos
Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 flax egg 1 T ground flaxseed + 3 T warm water
- ½ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup coconut sugar 77 g
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar 50 g
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour 175 g
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter well stirred
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your ground flaxseed and warm water in a small bowl or cup. Set aside. In a glass measuring cup or microwave safe bowl, melt your coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut sugar, organic cane sugar, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, flax egg, and coconut oil. Stir until mixture is completely incorporated. Use your hands to mix and fully combine.
- Chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, use a tablespoon to scoop out dough and roll into balls. You may need to squeeze the ball together and then roll it.
- Place cookie dough balls in even rows on cookie sheet, with about an 1 ½ inches between each. Using a fork, make cross-hatch marks. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring with a metal spatula to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature or 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Easy vegan recipe!