Vegan Gluten-Free Brownie Bites recipe made in a mini muffin pan for individual portions. Made flourless with a combination of almond butter and cocoa powder and topped with an easy dairy-free chocolate ganache.
Let’s get right to it. Bite sized brownies. Topped with rich chocolate ganache.
Add some chopped nuts or sea salt. Sprinkles even.
These flourless brownie bites fit all the categories for a treat that makes you smile—mini, chocolatey, decadent, and decorated. And I would probably add easy to share to that list as well.
But sharing is completely optional.
Vegan Gluten-Free Brownie Bites Ingredients
These poppable brownie cups are actually high in protein and made without flour. Sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup, the brownies are sweet but not overly so. Here’s the major ingredients you’ll need:
- almond butter
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- ground flaxseed
- dairy-free chocolate chips
While the chocolate ganache on top is optional, I highly recommend it. Even though the ganache alone is dreamy, you can dress up the brownie bites with chopped nuts, sea salt, shredded coconut, sprinkles, or more chocolate chips.
For the easiest removal after baking, use a nonstick mini muffin pan. While you will still grease the muffin tin, the nonstick variety makes removing them so much simpler.
No matter how you dress them up, these rich chocolate mini cups would make great Valentines. Or anytime treats.
More Brownie Recipes
Vegan Gluten-Free Brownie Bites
- 2 flax eggs 2T ground flaxseed + 6T water
- 1-16 ounce jar unsalted almond butter, stirred well
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips mini chips work best
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- sea salt
- chopped nuts
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a nonstick mini muffin pan with cooking spray or coconut oil (wiping so that spray does not pool). Prepare your flax eggs and let sit for at least 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a heaping teaspoon to fill each muffin cavity so that it is about halfway full. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over top if desired. Bake for 10-11 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, place pan on wire rack to cool. When cool, use a knife to run between brownie bite and pan, to loosen.
- To make dairy-free ganache, place 1 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons almond milk in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave at 30 second increments, stirring after each, until mostly melted. Stir until all chips are completed melted.You may want to stir in another 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate chips to thicken ganache, if needed.
- Top each brownie with ganache and sprinkle with toppings of choice, if desired.
- Store bites in an airtight container.