Healthy and protein-packed no-bake brownies with hemp seeds topped with a delicious chocolate ganache frosting. Gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
Everyone loves a classic brownie. But have you ever had a no-bake brownie?
Made with hemp seeds, walnuts, and dates, you'll have a healthier brownie, no oven required.
If you've never had hemp seeds before, let me introduce you to the tiny seed with an array of health benefits and a large protein punch.
There's a place here in Kansas City called the Unbakery and Juicery that makes the best raw hemp seed brownies. It's not really on my way home from work, but I often find myself stopping there to get one of those delicious brownies.
I started recreating them at home and finally have a version that I want to share.
A rich chocolate ganache frosting sweetened only with maple syrup means you've got a brownie (and brownie batter!) you can feel pretty darn good about.
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
No-Bake Brownies with Hemp Seeds
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan with coconut oil. Line with parchment paper.
- Place dates, hemp seeds, walnuts, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and water into bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, stopping occasionally to wipe down sides.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Press down into pan in an even layer using a piece of parchment. The "batter" will be sticky.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate ganache frosting ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Spread frosting over brownie layer. Place baking pan in freezer for at least two hours until set.
- Remove brownies from pan using parchment flaps and cut into small squares on a cutting board. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.