This small batch Air Fryer Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is incredibly easy and totally gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. A delicious cookie in minutes!
Here's a very important question. Can you bake cookies in an air fryer?
Not only can you bake cookies in an air fryer but they come out just crisp enough on the outside and gooey on the inside. The baking time is cut in half and it lends itself well to small batches.
You just never know when a cookie craving will strike.
Air Fryer Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
To make these small batch oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, all you need is 8 ingredients. You may already have everything you need in the pantry! Take a look:
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- Almond flour
- Gluten-free oats
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
How to Make Cookies in an Air Fryer
Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may have to bake in one or two batches. It is important to allow air flow around each of the cookies for optimal baking. Here are the steps to cookie heaven:
- Combine almond butter and maple syrup.
- Add organic cane sugar, almond flour, oats, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Stir in one tablespoon almond milk until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide into 4 cookie dough balls.
- Line the bottom of the air fryer basket or rack with parchment paper.
- Place 2 cookie dough balls in basket on parchment with space around each cookie.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes.
Can I make these cookies in a conventional oven? Yes! If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13-14 minutes.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Cookies
- For the parchment: Fold the parchment paper in half lengthwise and then in half again. Cut 4 slits along edge. This will create little holes for better air flow in the air fryer. This recipe was tested with parchment paper without holes and browned up in just the right ways.
- Preheating helps make sure the cookie bakes quickly and evenly. DO NOT preheat with the parchment paper in the basket. Only use parchment paper when you are ready to place cookie dough on it.
- The cookie dough will be sticky. Spray your hands with cooking spray or water to prevent sticking.
- Only want 1 or 2 cookies? The remaining cookie dough can be refrigerated overnight or stored in the freezer for later.
More Gluten-Free Cookies Recipes
Air Fryer Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup and almond butter. Stir to combine. Add organic cane sugar, almond flour, oats, and salt. Stir to combine, then add almond milk and vanilla extract. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut parchment paper to fit and line the bottom of the basket (careful not to touch warm sides!) of your air fryer. Allow for a little room around the perimeter of the parchment for air flow.
- Divide the dough into 4 sections. Roll each section into a ball, then slighly flatten with your hands into a disc. Place 2 cookie dough discs in the basket of the air fryer, spaced apart. If you have a larger air fryer basket, you can bake all 4 at once as long as there is room between each cookie for air flow.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Cookies should be a golden brown. Remove baked cookies and parchment paper together and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.