These Gluten-Free Almond Cookies are soft and chewy! Made with almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup and organic cane sugar, these easy almond cookies are also vegan.
Ever have a cookie that makes you want to savor every single bite?
Like really savor it?
This easy almond cookie is it, my friends.
Chewy and soft and coated in organic cane sugar for just the right amount of crunch.
Gluten-Free Almond Cookies Ingredients
Many almond cookie recipes out there use almond paste for that chewy, sweet factor. These almond-flour-based cookies use a combination of maple syrup, almond extract, and tapioca starch to replicate the almond paste. Here's what you'll need:
- Tapioca starch
- Almond flour
- Organic cane sugar
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
Making Almond Cookies from Scratch
Except for using a small cup or bowl to make a tapioca starch slurry, this is a one-bowl recipe. It whips up quite quickly, putting you closer to pure cookie heaven.
Even with the simplicity of these cookies, here are a couple tips for almond cookie perfection:
- The dough may be a bit sticky, so slightly dampen your hands or use cooking spray when rolling the dough into a ball.
- These cookies will spread but to get that great crackle, use your palm to press down slightly once cookies are arranged on the cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to rest and cool for 4 to 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.
More Gluten-Free Cookies with Almond Flour
Gluten-Free Almond Cookies
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch + 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup (116g) organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ¼ cups (240g) almond flour not almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tapioca starch and water in a small bowl, stir to combine and allow to sit for a couple minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ½ cup organic cane sugar, tapioca starch slurry, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine. Whisk in coconut oil, followed by vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until ingredients are completely incorporated. If needed, use your hands to thoroughly combine ingredients into a cohesive cookie dough.
- Place remaining ¼ cup organic cane sugar on a plate. The dough may be sticky, so dampen your hand with water or spray hands with cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough, then roll into a ball. Place ball on plate with sugar, roll to coat, then place on prepared baking sheet. Space cookie dough balls about an 1 ½ inches apart. Repeat until cookie sheet is filled with even rows.
- Using your palm, press each dough ball down about halfway.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set on the outside. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.