This Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is slightly nutty, soft, and chewy. Gluten-free and vegan too!
Nutty, chewy, chocolatey. Delicious.
The classic cookie meets tahini and you might never go back. Top them with salt and you're in for sure.
What is tahini?
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds. It can be used in baking, savory dishes, sauces, and dressings. Its versatility makes it a great staple to keep in the pantry or fridge.
Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
Cookies should be easy and delicious. You've got both right here. Here are the major ingredients that you'll need:
- Ground flaxseed
- Maple syrup
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Pure vanilla extract
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Sea salt
Making Gluten-Free Cookies with Tahini
Mix your liquids. A quick whisk to combine.
Add your dry ingredients. Stir the dry with the wet ingredients to form the cookie dough.
Fold in your chocolate chips. Essential!
Chill. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Roll dough in balls. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake. 10-12 minutes should do the trick.
Seed and nut butters have so many uses, especially in gluten-free baking. These monster cookies utilize almond butter for a wonderfully chewy cookie.
Also, check out this recipe for walnut butter!
More Tahini Recipes
No Churn Vegan Chocolate Tahini Ice Cream
Roasted Sweet Potato Skillet with Maple Tahini Sauce
More Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- ¾ cup tahini well stirred
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup (105g) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare flax egg, set aside for 4-5 minutes. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk tahini, maple syrup, and flax egg together. Add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir until evenly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and gently roll into a loose ball with your hands. (If dough doesn't roll into a loose ball, add a bit more almond flour.)
- The dough will be sticky, wet your hands lightly with water as needed to make rolling easier. Place ball on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies start to look golden on top (I found 11 minutes was perfect for my oven). Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing with a spatula and placing on wire rack. Leave on wire rack until completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Can't wait to try these!
Made these for lunch today - they're perfect!
That's awesome! Thank you, Abby!!