Quick and easy Almond Jam Tart recipe made with simple ingredients and makes for a delicious and crowd-pleasing gluten-free and dairy-free dessert.
This almond jam tart is now at the top of my list.
The ease of a press-in crust is really what seals the deal for me. This one does not disappoint. A combination of almond and white rice flours bring this into dough form with coconut oil and organic cane sugar. What I find magical about coconut oil is that with the right combination of flours, you get a wonderfully buttery chew, sans the butter.
Once the crust is pressed in, a store-bought jar of preserves or jam of your choosing (I use raspberry) is spread into an even layer, sprinkled with some reserved crust dough and slivered almonds.
The result is a super simple—super delicious—almond jam tart meant for sharing. With Mother’s Day this weekend, you can fix it and forget it until it’s time for dessert. I promise Mom won’t be disappointed.
Almond Jam Tart (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups 263g almond flour
- 1/3 cup 60g white rice flour
- 1/2 cup 100g organic cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons coconut oil at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1-12 oz jar raspberry or strawberry preserves/jam
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Lightly spray a 12 by 4-inch rectangular tart pan or 9-inch round tart pan with cooking spray. Put the almond flour, white rice flour, cane sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add coconut oil. Use a fork to mix and mash the coconut oil into the mixture until dough comes together in large chunks. Drizzle cold water over dough, then continue to mash until a dough becomes smooth. I find it helpful to use your hands once the dough start to come together. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dough and set aside.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan and press into bottom and up sides. Prick the bottom with fork tines and place in freezer for about 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Once the dough has chilled and firmed, spread the preserves/jam in an even layer on bottom. Sprinkle bits of reserved dough over top (I like to flatten little pieces with my fingers), and then scatter sliced almonds over top.
- Place tart pan onto a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes (check on it at 35 min) or until crust starts to lightly brown. Allow to cool completely on wire rack, then remove from tart pan, slice and serve.