These Gluten-Free Trail Mix Brownies have an almond butter base and are sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar. Topped with nuts, seeds, and chocolate for a fun and easy brownie recipe! Vegan.
Trail mix is not just for snacking anymore.
Seeds, nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate pieces give your brownies the easy upgrade you never knew they needed.
What makes this healthier gluten-free brownie recipe more special is that it uses an almond butter base.
Nut butter can do wonders in gluten-free baking, aiding in the binding of the ingredients.
Gluten-Free Trail Mix Brownies Ingredients
With a jar of almond butter, some other pantry items, and the trail mix toppings of your choosing, you are halfway to dessert. Here's the major ingredients you'll need:
- Ground flaxseed
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
For the toppings:
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate gems
- Chocolate chips
Trail mix toppings
This is the fun part. Are you a traditional peanuts, raisins, and chocolate pieces kind of trail mix person? Or are the healthier or "hippie" trail mixes more your speed?
When it comes to topping these gluten-free trail mix brownies, the possibilities are endless. Here's a few ideas:
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries
- Dried raisins
- Dairy-free chocolate gems
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
Try your favorites to add the right amount of salty-sweet crunch!
Want more trail mix inspiration? Check out these trail mix cookies from Minimalist Baker.
More Vegan Brownie Recipes
Gluten-Free Trail Mix Brownies
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 Tablespoons water
- 1-16 ounce jar almond butter well stirred
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweeteneed cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chocolate gems
- ⅓ cup mix of nuts, seeds, or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x9 square baking pan with cooking spray, then line with parchment paper so that it hangs over two sides.
- In a medium bowl stir to combine almond butter, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla extract. Add coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer. Batter will be sticky, use a rubber spatula to help spread batter. Sprinkle toppings of choice in an even layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, place pan on wire rack to cool. When cool, slice into bars.