This Cardamom Old Fashioned cocktail is made with a cardamom-infused simple syrup, bourbon, and bitters. Infused with hints of cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon. Gluten-free and vegan.
There are many bourbon cocktail recipes out there.
But this cardamom old fashioned is one you'll want for the fall and winter!
For fall and winter cocktails, warming spices evoke that cozy feeling.
Taking the traditional ingredients for an old-fashioned and using an infused simple syrup, the classic cocktail just got cozier.
Here are the items you will need:
- Cardamom simple syrup
- (organic cane sugar, cardamom seeds, cinnamon stick, vanilla, and lemon)
- Angostura bitters
- Lemon peel
Once you infuse your simple syrup, you'll have extra to make cocktails for another time.
Or, add the cardamom syrup to coffee, tea, or baked goods!
Here's how to make this old-fashioned drink:
- Make a batch of Cardamom Simple Syrup.
- Add simple syrup and bitters to an old fashioned glass.
- Add ice followed by bourbon and lemon peel.
- Stir to combine and serve.
For more riffs on the classic old fashioned plus other fun cocktails, check out the links below!
And if you'd like something non-alcoholic that will lift those winter blues, this blue lagoon mocktail will do the trick.
More Cocktail Recipes
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Cardamom Old Fashioned
- 4 teaspoons Cardamom Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 lemon peel
- cinnamon stick for garnish
- Start by making this Cardamom Simple Syrup.
- When ready to make cocktail, add 4 teaspoons of the cardamom simple syrup and 3 dashes of bitters to an old fashioned glass. Swirl syrup and bitters around in glass. Add ice, bourbon, and lemon peel, and stir.
- Store extra simple syrup in airtight container in refrigerator.