Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies are an easy treat made with healthy almond flour, coconut flour, and almond butter, and bursting with pumpkin spice! Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free.
If you’ve been around here of late, you may have noticed that apples have taken a starring role in my most recent recipes. Whether it’s apple hand pies or applesauce cake, I’ve got you covered, and I have plans for more.
But, for today, it’s time for a little pumpkin.
Pumpkin in the form of chocolate chip studded blondies. In my opinion, pumpkin and chocolate are a hard combo to resist, and these pumpkin blondies are no different.
Made with almond flour, a bit of coconut flour, and almond butter, they are surprisingly full of protein and fiber. And with an added boost of Vitamin A from the pumpkin, we can pretty much agree that these soft, chewy, and slightly gooey bars are healthy-ish!
These chocolate chip pumpkin blondies are part of my friend’s (Sara, from Cake Over Steak) annual #virtualpumpkinparty. Follow the link here, and you can check out all the sweet and savory pumpkin recipes you’ll need this season.
Make a Salted Plains recipe? I’d love to see! Tag your creations on Instagram with #saltedplains.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup packed + 2 tablespoons (126g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup packed (44g) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray with cooking spray an 8x8 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin and almond butter. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Add cane sugar and coconut sugar and beat again on medium-high speed for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and beat on medium speed until mixture is completely combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 16 squares. Best the day of, store extra in an airtight container.