Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies are an easy treat made with healthy almond flour, coconut flour, and almond butter, and bursting with pumpkin spice! Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free.
If you've been around here of late, you may have noticed that apples have taken a starring role in my most recent recipes. Whether it's apple hand pies or applesauce cake, I've got you covered, and I have plans for more.
But, for today, it's time for a little pumpkin.
Pumpkin in the form of chocolate chip studded blondies. In my opinion, pumpkin and chocolate are a hard combo to resist, and these pumpkin blondies are no different.
Made with almond flour, a bit of coconut flour, and almond butter, they are surprisingly full of protein and fiber. And with an added boost of Vitamin A from the pumpkin, we can pretty much agree that these soft, chewy, and slightly gooey bars are healthy-ish!
These chocolate chip pumpkin blondies are part of my friend's (Sara, from Cake Over Steak) annual #virtualpumpkinparty. Follow the link here, and you can check out all the sweet and savory pumpkin recipes you'll need this season.
Make a Salted Plains recipe? I’d love to see! Tag your creations on Instagram with #saltedplains.
More Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipes
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Scones
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup unsalted almond butter
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup packed + 2 tablespoons almond flour 126 g
- ¼ cup packed coconut flour 44 g
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray with cooking spray an 8x8 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin and almond butter. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Add cane sugar and coconut sugar and beat again on medium-high speed for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and beat on medium speed until mixture is completely combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 16 squares.
- Best the day of, store extra in an airtight container.
These are delicious!
Sara @ Cake Over Steak
I'm all for this "healthyish" recipe!!! They look so delicious. Thanks for participating! xoxo
Thanks for hosting!! <3 <3 <3
Ahhh I'm loving all the pumpkin recipes this fall! I just did a series called 7 days of pumpkin spice. I never thought pumpkin and chocolate would pair so well together but.. omg does it ever. This looks so delicious and love that its gluten-free! I can't wait to try the recipe :)
Thanks, Sabrina! Seriously, such a good combo, right?! I hope you get a chance to give it a try. <3
Yes, yes, yes! I love pumpkin and chocolate together! Not sure I've mentioned it before…but I absolutely love your gluten free recipes. I cannot wait to make this one too!
I'm glad you agree. One of those must-have combos! Thank you so much, Caroline - that is SO nice to hear! <3 <3 <3
These look awesome! I looked at your grain free honey blondies - those had an egg in the recipe. Wondering why this recipe doesn’t? Just curious ?
Thanks, Annie! I wanted to have an egg-less blondie, so I replaced the egg with almond butter. It works as the binder here and adds a lovely gooey-ness! :)
Rachel @Clean Eating for the Non-Hippie
Pumpkin + chocolate all in one place -- what more could I ask for!!
Right? We are on the same wavelength. :)
Kelsey @ Appeasing a Food Geek
Loving all the pumpkin goodies! And these babes are on another level. That chocolate ratio looks perfect ;) xoxo
Yay for pumpkin! Gotta have the chocolate too. ;) Thank you, friend!
Sarah | Well and Full
These look positively delectable!! Cheers, Tessa!
Thanks, Sarah! They are a treat! <3
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
I think we both had pumpkin chocolate chip on the brain today Tessa! These look absolutely delicious! What a great fall snack!
Haha, we sure did! :) Thanks, Mary Ann!