Learn How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice at home with a warming blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
Having pumpkin pie spice on hand will open the door to all your pumpkin spice desserts, recipes, and dreams.
It's easy to make at home, especially if you are in a pinch.
what's pumpkin pie spice? Made from a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves, this warming combination of spices works in both sweet and savory recipes.
Some pumpkin spice mixtures omit the allspice, but this recipe uses just a hint of it.
What is the flavor profile for each of these spices?
Sweet, spicy, and earthy, and slightly woody.
Spicy, peppery, with lemony-citrus notes and a pungent kick.
Warm, nutty, with hints of clove.
spicy-sweet and peppery.
Pungent, bitter, and subtly sweet.
Are spices safe for a gluten-free diet?
Individual spices are generally gluten-free, but depending on how and where they are processed additional gluten agents may be added.
This could be from added wheat starch or wheat flour. Or, from cross-contamination in the place the spice was processed and packaged.
Tips for finding gluten-free safe spices. When in doubt, these tips will help ensure you are buying gluten-free spice:
- Avoid buying from bulk bins
- Check the label for the gluten-free status of the product
- Check the ingredient list
Want more pumpkin spice inspiration? Check out this gluten-free pumpkin cake and the links below!
Recipes with Pumpkin Spice
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until all spices are integrated.
- Store in an airtight jar or container.