Gluten-Free Maple Walnut Blondies made with almond flour, sweet rice flour, almond butter, walnuts, and infused with maple syrup. A delicious flavor combination that makes for a chewy vegan blondie recipe.
I love when I develop a recipe that reminds me of something I grew up having.
In addition to nostalgia, that also often means that something had gluten as well.
This gluten-free maple walnut blondie recipe reminds me of those Applebee’s maple walnut sundaes. If you’ve never had one, it’s a maple-sweet blondie chocked full of walnuts, topped with vanilla ice cream, and drizzled with a maple cream sauce.
Drooling? Not to worry. I’ve got an allergy-friendly version with better ingredients.
Using sweet white rice flour, almond flour, and almond butter for the base, the result is a slightly chewy blondie. Sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup, it is sweet without being overly sweet.
The element that takes these gluten-free vegan blondies to the next level is a drizzle of maple syrup on top of the batter before baking. Once baked, the maple syrup caramelizes into pockets giving each bite a heavenly maple-forward flavor.
Still thinking about that sundae? Take one of these maple walnut blondies (warmed up if desired!), a scoop of dairy-free or regular vanilla ice cream, and a drizzle of maple syrup on top. No cream sauce needed.
More Blondie and Brownie Recipes:
Gluten-Free Maple Walnut Blondies (Vegan)
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (81g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter well stirred
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (65g) sweet white rice flour
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons (74g) almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the vegan butter or coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 second intervals until mostly melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes. In a large bowl, combine coconut sugar, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, melted butter, and almond butter. Whisk to combine. Add vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add sweet white rice flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir batter with a large spoon or spatula until evenly combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and spread and gently press into an even layer. Using an extra piece of parchment to press if desired. Drizzle remaining teaspoon (or slightly more) on the top of the batter. The maple syrup will pool a bit on top, that is okay.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes, or until edges turn a golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow pan to cool completely on a wire rack.When cool, cut into gluten-free maple walnut blondies into squares and store in an airtight container.