This easy S'mores Dip recipe requires only 3 ingredients for an incredibly chocolatey dip with a gooey marshmallow topping in just 10 minutes. No campfire required!
Are you a traditional s'mores lover? Well, no open flame or fire pit here. This classic campfire treat turned dessert dip has all the goodness you'll need come rain or shine.
The next time you want to toast marshmallows and ooey-gooey chocolate, you don't need a camping trip for it to be enjoyed. This is the perfect dessert for any time.
Why you'll love this recipe
There are a lot of amazing dessert dip recipes out there. (Hello, chocolate hummus!) But there's more than just one great thing about this dippable version of the campfire favorite:
- A fun way for both kids and adults to serve up dessert for your next party, gathering, or just at home.
- Easily customizable! With these simple ingredients, this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. Choose ingredients that work best for your diet or allergy.
- A simple way to bring the flavors of s'mores indoors!
- Delicious with graham crackers, this creamy melted chocolate marshmallow dip pairs well with pretzel crisps, fresh fruit, vanilla wafers, and other cookies.
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are a few quick notes about the ingredients in this dessert recipe. You can see a complete list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
Chocolate chips - Vegan chocolate chips are used here to make this chocolate dip dairy-free. Semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate morsels work well depending on your preference. Regular dairy-based milk chocolate chips can be substituted if dairy-free is not needed.
Coconut cream - This acts as the secret ingredient for a truly smooth and creamy melty chocolate dip. Plus, it is naturally dairy-free! Don't have coconut cream? Use the hardened cream from one can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight.
Mini marshmallows - The last layer in this decadent dessert, ensure that the label notes that your marshmallows are gluten-free. To make this recipe vegan, also make sure the label is marked vegan. The Dandies brand is completely vegan and gluten-free.
Graham crackers - Instead of making a marshmallow sandwich, homemade graham crackers are used here as dipping vessels in this gooey dessert. If using store-bought crackers, make sure the label designates them as gluten-free. This is also true to ensure they are dairy-free or vegan if necessary.
The following store-bought crunchy graham crackers are gluten-free and dairy-free:
- Kinnikinnick S'moreables
- Schar Gluten-Free Honey Grahams
- Mary's Gone Kookies
Before you start: Preheat the broiler on high.
Step 1: Add chocolate chips and coconut cream to a microwave-safe bowl—microwave two to three times at 30-second increments. Add a ¼ cup of marshmallows and a pinch of salt to the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine until the chocolate melts completely.
Step 2: Transfer the melted chocolate mixture to an oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the melted chocolate with a single layer of marshmallow.
Step 3: Place the baking dish under the broiler for 30 seconds until the tops of the fluffy marshmallows are golden brown.
Step 4: Serve with gluten-free graham crackers.
When's the best time to serve this marshmallow chocolate goodness?
- Perfect for family movie nights
- To celebrate special occasions, parties, or gatherings
- Holidays like the 4th of July (add a festive drink!), Memorial Day, Halloween, or Thanksgiving
- Potlucks and picnics
- Regular-sized marshmallows or even jumbo marshmallows will puff up greatly under the broiler. This could cause quite a mess. Mini marshmallows are recommended for this recipe.
- If storing leftovers, seal them with an airtight lid or plastic wrap.
Pretzels, cookies, fruit, and even potato chips work well for dipping into chocolate marshmallow s'mores dip in addition to graham crackers.
Yes! Reheat it in a hot oven for a few minutes until warm. The toasty marshmallows will be softer when reheated.
To store, keep covered in the refrigerator for up to two days. The dip is best when fresh.
More summer desserts
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Dairy-Free S'mores Dip
- 10 oz dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¾ cup coconut cream or hardened cream from one can of coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 1 ¾ cups mini marshmallows, divided vegan if needed
- Pinch of salt
- gluten-free graham crackers make sure they are also df/vegan, if needed
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut cream to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for two to three 30-second intervals, stirring after each. Chocolate should be almost completely melted. Stir until remaining chocolate chips melts.
- Add a ¼ cup of the marshmallows and a pinch of salt, stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart (or similar size) round oven-proof baking dish. Cover the top of the chocolate mixture with remaining marshmallows. Place under the broiler for 30 seconds to a minute until the tops of the marshmallows are a golden brown.
- Serve s’mores dip warm with gluten-free graham crackers.
- Don't have coconut cream? Use the hardened cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight.
- Pretzels, cookies, fruit, and even potato chips work well for dipping into chocolate marshmallow s'mores dip.
- Dairy-free s'mores dip can be reheated in a hot oven for a few minutes until warmed. S'mores dip is best fresh.
- To store s'mores dip, keep covered in the refrigerator for up to two days.