Vegan S'mores Cookies made with almond flour, dairy-free chocolate, graham crackers, and vegan marshmallows. A gooey s'mores cookie recipe that is fun to make! Gluten-free.
Nothing beats traditional s'mores. But! A chewy cookie rolled in graham cracker chunks, filled with melty chocolate, topped with gooey marshmallows, and drizzled with more chocolate, is a cookie you need!
Why you'll love this recipe
- S'mores in cookie form!
- Easy recipe
- Vegan and gluten-free
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are a few quick notes about the main ingredients in this recipe. You can see a complete list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
Almond flour - This is the only gluten-free flour you will need to make these tasty cookies. Almond flour adds a slight buttery flavor and great crumb.
Coconut oil - If needed, melted vegan butter can be substituted for coconut oil. Want to avoid that hint of coconut? Opt for the refined version.
Maple syrup - The natural sweetener helps moisten and bind our thumbprint cookies.
Pure vanilla extract and almond extract - The combination of these two extracts create an irresistible sweetness
Gluten-free and vegan graham crackers - Store-bought or homemade graham crackers work great.
Vegan chocolate chips - Semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chunks can be used, pick your favorite!
Vegan mini marshmallows - If you are not following a vegan diet or prefer gelatin-free marshmallows, regular mini marshmallows are just fine. But if you need to avoid dairy, make sure to check the ingredient label. Not all marshmallows are dairy-free.
Before you start: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Crush the graham crackers.
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients—coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond extracts, whisk—then add the dry ingredients, almond flour and salt. Stir until dough forms.
Step 2: Place crushed graham crackers on a plate. Roll dough into a ball. Roll the cookie dough balls in graham cracker crumbs to coat. Place on a lined baking tray. Using your index finger, press no more than halfway down in the center of the cookie ball.
Step 3: Bake for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Remove from oven and carefully press two chocolate chunks or two to three chocolate chips into the indentation of each cookie. Then press two mini marshmallows on top. Bake for another 3-4 minutes.
Step 4: Once the cookies have cooled, place the remaining chocolate chunks in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is mostly melted. Stir until completely melted. Drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies.
- Store these gooey vegan s'mores cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Here are the brands I love to use to keep these s'mores bites completely gluten-free and vegan:
S'moreables graham crackers
EnjoyLife dairy-free chocolate chips or mega chunks
Dandies brand mini marshmallows
These easy s'mores cookies are made with vegan almond flour batter, graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
Need more indoor s'mores inspiration? Check out Lisa's gluten-free salted s'mores bites or the links below!
More vegan cookies
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Vegan S'mores Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil* melted and cooled
- ½ cup maple syrup room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 gluten-free vegan graham crackers, crushed I use S'moreables
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chunks or chips I use EnjoyLife Megachunks
- ½ cup mini vegan marshmallows I use Dandies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extracts. Whisk to combine. Add almond flour and salt. Stir until dough forms. Allow dough to rest for about 3 minutes, then stir to combine again. (If dough seems too wet to roll into a ball, add 2-3 tablespoons more almond flour.)
- Place crushed graham crackers on a plate. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into a ball. Roll ball in graham crackers to coat. Place in even rows on cookie sheet. Using your index finger, press no more than halfway down in center of dough ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies should just be turning a light golden brown. Remove from oven and carefully press two chocolate chunks or two to three chocolate chips into indentation of each cookie. Then press two mini marshmallows on top. Bake for another 3-4 minutes so that chocolate is melty and marshmallows have slightly puffed.
- With a spatula, transfer thumbprint cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, place remaining chocolate chunks in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is mostly melted. Stir until completely melted. Using a fork or spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
- Allow chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.