Gluten-Free S’mores Thumbprint Cookies made with almond flour, dairy-free chocolate, graham crackers, and vegan marshmallows. A gooey s’mores cookie recipe that is fun to make! Dairy-free.
Gooey s’mores cookies.
These cookies pretty much make up for the fact that outdoor s’mores are not an option at the moment. Bite-sized with just enough of each s’more element, cookie rolled in graham cracker, and a center with chocolate pieces and mini marshmallows.
S’mores cookies are here for all seasons.
Gluten-Free S’mores Cookies Ingredients
Inspired by this recipe that uses all-purpose flour, eggs, and dairy, I set out to create a more allergy-friendly version. Because these gluten-free s’mores thumbprint cookies are just too fun and too cute not to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Pure vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Gluten-free and vegan graham crackers
- Vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- Gluten-free mini marshamallows (vegan)
In terms of dietary restrictions, adjust as you need to with the s’more ingredients.
Need these to be gluten-free but not necessarily dairy-free? Use regular chocolate chunks or chips. Need these to be completely vegan? Make sure to use vegan marshmallows and gluten-free graham crackers that are also vegan.
This easy almond flour cookie is rolled in crushed graham crackers, making for a soft and slightly crunchy bite. Coupled with melted chocolate and soft marshmallows, these gluten-free cookies are pretty irresistible.
Here’s the brands I love to use to keep these s’mores bites completely gluten-free and vegan:
- S’moreables Graham Crackers
- EnjoyLife Megachunks or Chocolate Chips
- Dandies Mini Marshmallows
Need more indoor s’mores inspiration? Check out Lisa’s gluten-free salted s’mores bites or the links below!
More Gluten-Free S’mores Recipes
Gluten-Free S'mores Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil* melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 gluten-free vegan graham crackers, crushed I use S'moreables
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chunks or chips I use EnjoyLife Megachunks
- 1/2 cup mini vegan marshmallows I use Dandies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extracts. Whisk to combine. Add almond flour and salt. Stir until dough forms. Allow dough to rest for about 3 minutes, then stir to combine again. (If dough seems too wet to roll into a ball, add 2-3 tablespoons more almond flour.)
- Place crushed graham crackers on a plate. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into a ball. Roll ball in graham crackers to coat. Place in even rows on cookie sheet. Using your index finger, press no more than halfway down in center of dough ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies should just be turning a light golden brown. Remove from oven and carefully press two chocolate chunks or two to three chocolate chips into indentation of each cookie. Then press two mini marshmallows on top. Bake for another 3-4 minutes so that chocolate is melty and marshmallows have slightly puffed.
- With a spatula, transfer thumbprint cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, place remaining chocolate chunks in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is mostly melted. Stir until completely melted. Using a fork or spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
- Allow chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.