Double Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cookies are rich, chocolatey, and loaded with flaked coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips. Gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free.As Halloween crept through yesterday, in with it came wintry temps and overcast skies. Now that I'm past the initial mourning period of summer's ending, I can admit that I love cozy fall days. I'm thankful to live in a place where the four seasons thrive—where the air is crisp, and orange, yellow, and red leaves stand out against a gray sky.
And I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't say that weather like this makes me ever so excited for the holiday cookies season. So, why wait? I think it's time for a cookie recipe.
This double chocolate coconut pecan cookie recipe is loaded with the flavors reminiscent of German chocolate cake frosting. Pecans, flaked coconut, and a double dose of chocolate make for a simple indulgence in the form of a healthier cookie.
Sweetened only with honey, these cookies are sweet-but-not-too-sweet. The honey also makes for a nice, soft, and slightly chewy cookie, and the almond flour and coconut flour make for a perfect crumb.
So grab your cookie sheets. I promise this recipe will last you well beyond the holidays.
Double Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Add coconut oil, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine until evenly incorporated. Fold in pecans, ⅓ cup coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Allow batter to rest 2-3 minutes.
- Using a small spoon or tablespoon, scoop batter and roll into ball with hands. (I recommend spraying hands lightly with cooking spray and more as needed, as batter will be sticky). Place balls evenly onto cookie sheet, pressing down on tops slightly. Sprinkle with additional coconut if desired.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow cookies to rest on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes before transferring them to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.