These easy No Bake Honey Almond Bites are a honey-sweetened snack loaded with nuts and seeds. Gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free.
Sometimes it is the easiest recipes that bring the most joy.
I was recently at a new-to-me local bakery and coffeehouse that has a weekly rotation of gluten-free items. It was my first time there and I couldn't just try one thing.
Truthfully, I just wanted to stand there at the counter and look at everything. But with a line growing behind me, I settled on a chocolate cookie and this creation they were calling honey bites.
As you might have guessed, the honey bites were magical. So simple, but in a sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy kind of way that I had to refrain from going back to purchase more. Basically, perfect gluten-free snacks.
And, of course, had to go home and promptly try to recreate them.
Using honey and almond butter as the glue, a combination of slivered almonds, unsweetened coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds are mixed together leaving only the scooping and sprinkling of toppings.
I recommend storing these in the fridge (if they last that long) and feel free to play with different toppings that suit you best!
Make a Salted Plains recipe? I’d love to see! Tag your creations on Instagram with #saltedplains!
No Bake Honey Almond Bites
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup almond butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- a couple pinches sea salt
- sesame seeds
- cacao nibs
- sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add honey, almond butter, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add almonds, coconut flakes, sunflower and sesame seeds, and salt. Stir well until the nuts and seeds are evenly coated.
- Using a round tablespoon or small scoop, pack the tablespoon with some of the mixture and then carefully push it out the side and place on the cookie sheet. This should give you a rounded, dome-like shape. Spraying the inside of your tablespoon with a little cooking spray will help to smoothly remove the mixture. Alternatively, you can roll into a tight ball.
- Sprinkle honey almond bites with desired toppings and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator in a airtight container.