This Iced Gluten-Free Lemon Pound Cake recipe is made with almond flour, white rice flour, and fresh lemon juice, with an easy lemon icing. Better than Starbucks! Plus, completely dairy-free.
You know those times when you are in line at Starbucks and everything in the pastry case is screaming your name?
Particularly the iced lemon pound cake? Yeah, me too.
And adding insult to injury, you're gluten-free and can't actually have anything in the pastry case anyways. Wah wah.
Now, gluten-free iced lemon pound cake can be checked off the list.
It's a moist, buttery, and lemon-infused cake you can make at home with little effort, with a glaze that will have you closing your eyes with each bite.
(That might just be me).
Because who doesn't want cake!
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Gluten-Free Iced Lemon Pound Cake (Dairy-Free)
- 1 ½ cups organic powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest (reserved from cake)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a loaf pan (8x4x2) with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add butter and cane sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, followed by lemon juice, all the zest except ½ a teaspoon, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add the almond flour, white rice flour, cornstarch, and salt. Mix until evenly incorporated. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth so that it lays evenly. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick or fork come out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake has cooled, combine lemon glaze ingredients and stir with a spoon. You want the glaze to be thick but pourable. If needed, add more lemon juice a teaspoon at a time. Remove cake from pan, pour glaze over top, smooth to cover. Allow to set and harden at room temperature.
- Slice and serve.