No Bake Chocolate Maca Cookies made with almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, and superfood maca powder. Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free.
My very favorite type of cookie recipe is the kind that I don't have to wait on. And it's gluten-free, of course.
That said, my second most favorite type of cookie is the kind that is actually sort of good for you.
Well, friends, said cookie dreams may just have collided.
I often use maca powder in smoothies or in my maca hot chocolate, but it seemed only right that the next experiment with the hormone-balancing, energy, mood, and memory enhancer went in the form of a cookie.
A chocolate cookie. A rich chocolate cookie packed with magnesium and antioxidant-rich cacao powder, sweetened with maple syrup, and protein-packed with almond flour. Plus, a sprinkle of sea salt for good measure (and good taste).
But here's the best part about this maca cookie recipe: it's no bake and it's meant for your freezer. That's right, these no bake chocolate maca cookies will be ready and waiting to be plucked and eaten from the freezer when needed.
Chocolate craving? Long day? Dessert before dinner? It's in the freezer waiting for you. Take one, take two, or half the batch, and eat them at your own pace. They are rich and satisfying and so good cold.
Other No Bake Treats:
No Bake Chocolate Maca Cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir well until evenly mixed.
- Divide the dough and place each section between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough out until it's flattened to about ½ an inch thick.
- Transfer each, still sandwiched in parchment, to a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove one tray from freezer, remove top layer of parchment, and quickly use a cookie cutter and cut into shapes. Place cookies in a ziplock bag and return to the freezer. Remove the other tray and do the same, place cookies in a separate ziplock bag.
- If cookies start to get too soft in the time it takes to use the cookie cutter, allow them to freeze on cookie sheet in an even layer on parchment before placing into the ziplock bag and storing.
- If there are many scraps left, combine them back into a ball and roll out again.
- Store cookies in the freezer and grab and eat when needed!