This no bake Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers recipe requires only 3 ingredients! An easy recipe that makes an extra-special treat!
The simplest desserts are sometimes the best. This chocolate-covered graham crackers recipe does not disappoint! Using store-bought or homemade graham crackers, this easy chocolate treat is a total crowd-pleaser.
Why you'll love this recipe
- No bake treat
- Simple ingredients
Ingredients and substitutions
Here are a few quick notes about the ingredients in this recipe. You can see a complete list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
Graham crackers - Choose the cracker that is right for your dietary needs. Traditional grahams contain wheat flour, so both gluten-free and vegan homemade graham crackers or store-bought options work great. You can use crisp ones or softer ones.
Gluten-free options can be found at most grocery stores (sometimes in the gf section) and several online retailers.
Chocolate chips - If dairy-free or vegan, choose dairy-free chocolate chips. Choose the type you prefer; semi-sweet, rich dark, or even white chocolate!
Coconut oil - A little goes a long way here. Coconut oil helps thin out our melted chocolate for easy dipping and a softer coating.
Optional toppings - Decorate these cookies with your favorite toppings if desired. Sprinkles, sea salt, cracker crumbs, and mini chips are all fun options.
Before you start: Set out all ingredients. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 1: Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each until most of the chips have melted. Using a fork, dip squares into the bowl of chocolate. Flip to coat. Remove and gently shake off and allow excess to drip off.
Step 2: Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all are coated. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- If using extra decorations like sprinkles, crushed grahams, or even sea salt, sprinkle those on before placing them in the refrigerator.
- To drizzle with chocolate, chill the covered crackers first then use the small amount of remaining melted chocolate to drizzle on top with a fork. Then let set before serving or storing.
Store these chocolate-covered treats in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Layer them with parchment paper so they don't stick to each other.
There are so many fun ways to serve this sweet treat!
- Special occasions such as baby showers, wedding showers, or birthday parties
- Serve them in a cookie tin and they make the perfect gift for the holiday season
- Decorate them with sprinkles that match holiday or team colors
There are so many delicious options for decorating grahams. Sprinkles, nuts, candy pieces, sea salt, edible glitter, spices, or melted chocolate are all fun toppings.
Traditional grahams are typically made from a combination of whole wheat flour, wheat germ, and bran which are gluten-containing ingredients. There are store-bought gluten-free options available at most grocery stores and online retailers.
More recipes with graham crackers
Love this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating on the recipe card below and let me know what you think in the comments!
Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- 15 gluten-free graham crackers
- 10 oz dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- sprinkles, nuts, candy pieces, sea salt, edible glitter, spices, or melted chocolate
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each until most of the chips have melted. Using a fork, dip a graham cracker into the bowl of chocolate. Flip to coat. Remove and gently shake off and allow excess to drip off.
- Transfer coated cracker to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all crackers are coated. If using, sprinkle desired decorations. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to allow to set.