Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies that are made with shredded coconut, gluten-free oats, cocoa powder, toasted walnuts, and sweetened with coconut sugar. A healthy no bake cookie recipe that is gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free.
Summer is almost here! Can you feel it? School is officially out and I’m looking forward to a change of pace for the next couple months to reset. And make all the no bake cookies one can.
There are so many variations of no bake recipes out there, some with nut butters, some without. Some with varying mix-in’s, some just plain and simple. These chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies are a little bit of both. While the main components are made of five basic ingredients, each adds a complimentary flavor and texture.
The result from the combination of oats, cocoa powder, walnuts, shredded coconut, and coconut sugar, is a rich chocolate, slightly chewy cookie with a taste reminiscent of a brownie with walnuts.
A few notes for this recipe:
- While these are certainly no bake cookies, the recipe does call for toasting the oats and walnuts in the oven. It is not necessary, but highly advisable. Toasting both adds an additional depth of flavor that is irresistible.
- Once you add the oats and walnuts to the chocolate mixture, be ready to work quickly in dropping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet while warm.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet to serve. Otherwise, they may crumble. This is the hardest part!
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place oats and walnuts on baking sheet in an even layer. Toast for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.Line an additional baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, coconut cream, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil and then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Add the shredded coconut, toasted oats, and walnuts. Stir until coconut, oats, and walnuts are evenly incorporated and coated. Working quickly, drop a tablespoon full of cookie batter onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet. It will be difficult, but allow them to cool completely before serving, otherwise they may crumble. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.