This Salted Date Caramel Pretzel Bark is made from dairy-free chocolate, naturally sweetened date caramel, and gluten-free pretzels!
It's that time of year again. Holiday baking season has arrived and here's just the thing to start it off.
Salted date caramel bark! If you are a fan of those caramel filled chocolate bars, then you'll love this chocolate bark recipe. Perfect for gifting or holiday gatherings, this sweet and salty treat has absolutely no gluten or dairy.
Salted Date Caramel Pretzel Bark Ingredients
Your ingredient list here is short. And making date caramel instead of regular caramel is quick and easy, not to mention healthier. So, here's the major ingredients you'll need:
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Medjool dates
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Gluten-free pretzels
How do you make chocolate bark from scratch?
Making chocolate bark is simple, really. For this dairy-free version, use vegan chocolate chips. First, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
Then, transfer the melted chocolate to a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread the chocolate in an even layer and add desired toppings.
Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least an hour. Once the chocolate has set and hardened, break or cut into pieces.
Storing Homemade Chocolate Bark
Store this salted date caramel pretzel bark at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. However, you'll want to eat the bark when the pretzels are fresh and crunchy. So, serving the day of making or the next day is recommended.
Want more gluten-free and dairy-free treat inspiration? Check out these vegan cocoa truffles or the links below!
More Dairy-Free Candy Recipes
Coconut Butter Cups with Chocolate-Almond Filling
Vegan Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy
Salted Date Caramel Pretzel Bark
- ½ cup Medjool dates, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons almond milk or coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups dairy-free chocolate chips I use EnjoyLife
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels, crushed I use Snyder's brand
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates in the bowl of a blender. Cover with hot water and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Drain water and return dates to blender. Add remaining date caramel ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until almost all chips are melted. Stir until remaining chocolate chips have melted.
- Transfer melted chocolate to prepared baking sheet. Spread chocolate in an even layer. Drop spoonfuls of the date caramel on top of the chocolate. Then, using a toothpick or knife, swirl date caramel throughout the chocolate. Make sure date carmel is fully integrated and swirled in melted chocolate as it will not set firmly like the chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed pretzels over top. Sprinkle sea salt on top and then place baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove bark from refrigerator. Cut or break into pieces.
- Salted date caramel pretzel bark can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. For the freshest, crunchiest pretzels, best eaten within the first two days.
Thank you Tessa! My daughter and I are going to make these for our holiday goodie bags that we give out!
That's awesome! Hope you love it!