Homemade Mini Crunch Bars made with dairy-free chocolate, gluten-free rice cereal, and coconut oil. Use a standard ice cube tray to make these individual serving chocolate crunch treats!
This time of year makes it hard to avoid those mini candy bars that seem to be everywhere. Stocked and enticing on every grocery store end-of-aisle and office candy bowl (guilty), Halloween brings out the chocolate candy cravings. In me, at least.
With a desire to have a gluten-free, dairy-free candy option around that has simple ingredients and is even simpler to make, these mini crunch bars were first on my list. Just like those crispy Nestle crunch bars, these individual serving size versions mimic the original.
You've probably seen food videos with those ice cube tray hacks. You can really use them for so many things! I thought that they would be perfect vehicles for making mini chocolate crunch bars, and turns out, they were.
Here's what you need:
Mini Crunch Bars Ingredients
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Coconut oil or almond butter
- Gluten-free rice cereal
- Ice cube tray
So, you can easily make a batch tonight and have crispy, chocolatey candies in the morning.
Want more gluten-free treat inspiration? Alyssa's chocolate mug cake makes for another delicious individual-sized treat. And check out these gluten-free magic cookie bars from Brianna, they look amazing!
More Chocolate Treats:
Mini Crunch Bars Recipe
- 1 ½ cups (10oz) dairy-free chocolate chips semi-sweet or dark
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or almond butter
- ¾ cup gluten-free rice cereal I use Erewhon brand
- Lightly spray an ice cube tray with cooking spray. Using a pastry brush, wipe sides and make sure to remove excess spray so that it does not pool.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwaveable bowl. Melt at 30 second intervals until mostly melted. Stir until remaining solid pieces have melted.
- Add coconut oil to the chocolate and stir until completely melted and dissolved into mixture.
- Stir in rice cereal, making sure to completely coat it. Use a spoon to fill ice cube cavities evenly with chocolate mixture. Place in freezer for at least two hours.
- Once set, twist ice cube trays to release. Store mini crunch bars in an airtight container.