Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet is a an easy one-bowl recipe made with almond four, tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and studded with chocolate chips. Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free.
I am convinced that skillet cookies (along with cookie dough pots) are one of the best inventions. You get the crispy edges of a cookie, the fudgy chewiness of a brownie, and the gooey-ness you love from that slightly undercooked version of them all combined.
Add tahini to the mix, and you've taken it to the next level. Tahini lends a savory component to this gluten-free cookie skillet. The tahini balances nicely with the sweet from the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and the chocolate chips.
A sprinkling of sea salt on top enhances that sweet-savory combo in the very best of ways.
Tips for this Cookie Skillet
A couple notes for this tahini chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe:
- If you don't need this to be vegan and/or you don't have ground flaxseeds, sub with one regular egg. (Lightly beat before adding). Or add one cornstarch egg (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 3 tablespoons water).
- Allow this cookie skillet to cool completely. This is key to cutting and serving pie-like slices. Otherwise, the gooey factor will get in your way. (Not a bad thing in my opinion.)
- Add ice cream alongside a slice or right on top.
Chocolate chip cookies on the brain? Check out these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies!
More Vegan Tahini Recipes
Gluten-Free Tahini Millionaire Bars
Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup tahini well stirred
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Prepare flax egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine tahini, maple syrup, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and prepared flax egg. Add vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chip, reserving a handful to sprinkle on top of cookie skillet. Transfer cookie batter to prepared skillet. Smooth batter with a spatula into even layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cookie is golden brown and has started to pull away from the edges. A toothpick test should come out mostly clean. Allow cookie skillet to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Is there a replacement for almond flour that I could use? This looks delicious, but i'm allergic to almonds!
I agree, skillet cookies are one of the best inventions ever! this looks amazing, love that you used almond flour and coconut sugar
Aren't they?! So, so delicious. Thanks, Albert!
Mmmm I have been alllll about the tahini lately so this sounds simply awesome!
Me too!! I can't get enough of it.
vegan recipes are really so good and so healthy and I want to make this now!
Yes, I tried to use the most wholesome ingredients on this one! :)
I need to make these now! So amazing! :)
Yay! I hope you do. :) Thanks, Puja!!
Traci | Vanilla And Bean
Sheesh, Tessa! I just realized how long its been since I've made chocolate chip cookies... let alone a skillet cookie! OMGeee this looks good. That sea salt on top has me all heart eyes! Now, I had no idea there was such a thing as a corn starch egg - thank you for that! Beautifully captured, Tessa! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks, Traci! Yes, I've found that in some vegan baked goods, a cornstarch egg is the best! I love having that little trick. :)
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
I totally agree Tessa! Best invention EVER! This looks delish!
Right?! Whoever thought of it was a genius. :)
Agness of Run Agness Run
Yummy! This is the ultimate treat recipe which I am so intrigued to try, Tessa. This is the perfect dessert, especially for people with a sweet tooth like me!
I love this one because you can eat it right out of the skillet if you wish! ;)
all the hearteyes for this! my inner 10 year old is squealing with glee. xo
Yay!!! Thanks, friend! <3