These Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats are made gluten-free and vegan with brown rice cereal, vegan marshmallows, and coconut flour. A fun allergy-friendly idea for birthdays or anytime!
Sprinkles are a game changer. Bright, happy, and always ready for a celebration.
Celebration or not, these cake batter treats are great for anytime. And a little extra fun never hurts!
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
Often with birthday cake batter-flavored recipes, boxed cake mix is used as one of the main ingredients. To limit the added sugars and processed ingredients from a box mix, coconut flour works some gluten-free magic here. Take a look at everything you will need:
- Brown rice cereal
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Vegan butter
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Rainbow sprinkles
Are these rice krispie treats dairy-free? Yes! Using vegan butter in place of regular butter keeps things dairy-free and adds the buttery birthday cake flavor.
What brand of crispy rice cereal is gluten-free? There are a lot more options available now for gluten-free rice cereals. Brands that are gluten-free include Erewhon, Nature's Path, One Degree, or Barbara's. Do note, Kellogg's Rice Krispies contain malt and are not gluten-free.
Also, a note about sprinkles: If you need to adhere to a gluten-free or vegan diet, be sure to check the ingredients label. Not all sprinkles are gluten-free and/or vegan.
How to Make Gluten-Free Rice Krispie Treats
One of the wonderful things about this easy dessert is how quickly it comes together. Here are the simple steps:
- Melt the vegan butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until melted.
- Sprinkle coconut flour on mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove pan from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Fold in rice cereal, salt, and sprinkles.
- Press mixture into a prepared baking pan and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve!
More Gluten-Free Cereal Treats Recipes
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt vegan butter. Once melted add marshmallows and stir occasionally until melted.
- Sprinkle coconut flour over mixture and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Fold in rice cereal, salt, and sprinkles until ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Transfer and press the mixture into an even layer in the prepared baking pan. Allow to cool before removing from pan and cutting into squares.