These Coconut Golden Milk Cups are made with homemade coconut butter, almond butter, spices, and sweetened with honey. All the delicious flavors of a turmeric milk latte in a bite-size treat! Gluten-free, dairy-free.
Are you a golden milk fan? If the answer is yes, these healthy candy cups are for you.
This recipe is inspired by Whole Foods' golden milk cups. Those candies include white chocolate, sugar, palm oil, almond butter and spices. With a few simple swaps, these golden milk cups are a healthier treat!
Golden milk - what is it? A combination of ground turmeric and milk, the yellow-hued drink is based in Indian culture and used in Ayurvedic practices. It has gained popularity with additions like honey, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, and black pepper.
A drink that warms and satisfies, now experience those flavors here in bite-size form!
Coconut Golden Milk Cups Ingredients
Store-bought coconut butter can be expensive. Making your own at home is easy and much more cost effective. Coconut butter is used here as the "candy" cup shell.
Chocked full of healthy fats and protein, these coconut butter cups are similar to the popular keto fat bombs. Here are the major ingredients you will need:
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Coconut oil
- Almond butter
- Ground turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Golden Milk Cups
Combine the homemade coconut butter and stir together the almond filling, then it is assembly time! Take a look at how to make these healthy golden milk cups:
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini paper liners.
- In a small bowl combine almond butter, honey, vanilla, and spices.
- Place shredded coconut in bowl of a food processor.
- Process coconut, occasionally wiping down sides, until it becomes a smooth butter.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla extract and process until combined.
- Scoop a teaspoon full of coconut butter into the bottom of each muffin cavity.
- Scoop a teaspoon full of the almond butter filling, roll into a ball, then flatten into disc.
- Place almond butter filling gently on top of the coconut butter in each cavity.
- Use the teaspoon again to scoop remaining coconut butter and cover the almond filling in each cavity.
- Transfer muffin pan to the refrigerator and chill for 20-30 minutes.
Can you make this golden milk recipe vegan? Absolutely. Swap maple syrup or agave syrup in place of the honey.
Want more coconut goodness? Check out this paleo key lime pie smoothie and the recipes below!
More Gluten-Free Coconut Recipes
Coconut Golden Milk Cups
Almond Butter Filling
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a mini muffin pan with 18 mini muffin liners.
- In a food processor, add the shredded coconut and process until smooth, stopping occasionally to wipe down sides of bowl with spatula (about 3-5 minutes). This may take longer than 5 minutes, just stop periodically and stir with spatula.
- Once the coconut becomes a smooth butter consistency (it doesn't have to be extremely smooth), add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract and process once again until coconut oil and vanilla are combined and mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter and honey. Then add turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, and vanilla extract. Stir until ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Scoop one teaspoon of the coconut butter mixture into the bottom of each muffin cavity. Gently shake the muffin tray to allow the mixture to settle evenly in cups.
- Next, scoop one teaspoon of the almond filling and roll into a ball, then flatten into a disc with your fingers. Gently place on top of coconut butter mixture in cavity. Repeat until all cavities have filling. If you have extra almond filling, save it to use on toast or bagels!
- Finally, place another teaspoon of the remaining coconut butter mixture on top of each filling. If there is extra coconut butter left, evenly distribute it among the cups.
- If desired, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of each cup. Place muffin pan in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until set.
- Store coconut golden milk cups in an airtight container. Cups can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.