Curried Coconut Quinoa Bake makes for an easy, one-pot, weeknight meal full of plant-based protein. Gluten-free, vegan.
Maybe it’s the fact that these types of dishes are usually one-pot wonders, or maybe it’s due to their comfort factor. Fall vegetables like squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower are hearty, satisfying, and just make you feel good.
This curried-coconut quinoa bake is just one such healthy one-pot meal that makes the term “fix it and forget it” ring true. All the ingredients—quinoa included—go into the baking dish together. With water to start, and coconut milk added at the end and covered tightly with foil, the oven works magic.
No extra pans to clean. No worries about mushy quinoa. Just pure comfort food in a little over 30 minutes.
Make a Salted Plains recipe? I’d love to see! Tag your creations on Instagram with #saltedplains.
Curried Coconut Quinoa Bake
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (baby bella or cremini)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk full fat
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x9 (or 2 1/2 to 3 quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Add quinoa, broccoli florets, sliced mushrooms, garlic, and chickpeas, followed by the salt, pepper, curry powder, onion powder, ginger, and cinnamon. Stir gently to partially combine.
- Pour water over veggies and quinoa. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, carefully remove dish from oven, uncover (careful of steam), and gently stir. Recover tightly with foil and return to oven. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and add coconut milk*, stir in gently. Place foil back on tight again and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes. I like removing at the 5 minute mark to have a little extra liquid, but this is most certainly personal preference.
- Uncover, fluff, season if more salt and pepper if desired, stir to combine, and serve in bowls immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.