This Curried Roasted Almonds recipe is made with maple syrup and spices for a flavorful candied nut mix. Gluten-free and vegan.
A little bit sweet with a healthy bit of spice. Almonds are transformed into a sweet and savory nut mix that will have you coming back for more.
With more time spent at home these days, having something simple and healthy to snack on elevates movie night or that afternoon work break.
Curried Almonds Ingredients
A handful of ingredients, a short time in the oven, and sweet curried almonds can be yours! Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- Mix of raw almonds and Marcona almonds (or all regular raw almonds)
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Coconut sugar
- Curry powder
- Red chili flakes
- Ground cinnamon
- Pure vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Can I use all raw almonds?
Yes. You can use two cups raw almonds in this recipe instead of a mix of raw and Marcona. This recipe uses a mix for a slight flavor and texture variation but it is not necessary.
What are Marcona almonds?
Marcona almonds are from Spain. They are a little more round and have a bit of a sheen to them. In terms of flavor, Marcona almonds are a little sweeter than the varieties here in the United States. You can purchase Marcona almonds raw or toasted with olive oil. For this recipe, if you can only find the olive oil-toasted kind, that will work just fine.
How do you store curried roasted almonds?
These roasted almonds should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
Want more snacking inspiration? Check out these cinnamon spiced pecans or the links below!
More Snack Recipes
Spicy Roasted Chickpea Snack Mix
Curried Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup Marcona almonds can sub with regular raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt plus additional for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup and olive oil, whisk to combine. Add coconut sugar, curry powder, red chili flakes, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt, whisking after each spice is added. Now add almonds and stir until almonds are coated completely.
- Transfer almond mixture to the prepared baking sheet, spreading in an even layer. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until toasted, watching in last few minutes that nuts don't burn. Remove from oven and drizzle remaining tablespoon of maple syrup on almonds. Stir to coat and spread back into an even layer. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, to taste.
- Let almonds cool completely on baking sheet and allow candied bits to dry and harden. Store curried almonds in an airtight container. Best eaten within 3-4 days.
Leave a Reply