This Frozen Vegan Snickers Pie is delicious with its chocolate almond flour crust, layer of date caramel, and creamy almond butter filling. Gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
Three cheers for no-bake desserts!
And a few more for gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free! There's nothing quite like a Snickers but in pie form? Totally worth it.
Vegan Snickers Pie Ingredients
There are four distinct layers to this easy vegan dessert.
A layer of chocolate crust, a layer of date caramel with peanuts, a whipped almond butter filling, and more date caramel and chocolate drizzle to top things off.
Here's the major ingredients you'll need:
- Almond flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Almond butter
- Coconut milk (2 cans)
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla extract
Chocolate almond flour crust
A press-in crust is always the easiest way to go. But just because it is easy, doesn't mean it's not tasty.
Almond flour, maple syrup, and unsweetened cocoa powder whip up into a delicious chocolate crust. Bake and allow to cool while you prep the other layers.
Truly one of the best healthy hacks, date caramel has all the richness and sweetness of the real deal.
Medjool dates, coconut milk, and maple syrup make for a thick caramel sauce without butter, cream, or corn syrup.
It can't be a Snickers without the peanuts. In a layer over the date caramel, raw peanuts add that crunchy factor you'll be looking for.
Almond butter whipped filling
Chilled coconut cream and almond butter combine to make for a delicious sweet and salty filling. Want to make it a Snickers peanut butter pie? Swap the almond butter for peanut butter!
Chocolate and date caramel drizzle
Last but not least, a healthy, fudge-y chocolate sauce and the remaining date caramel complete your pie.
Now, can you wait for your frozen vegan Snickers pie to set in the freezer? It is definitely worth the wait.
Want more gluten-free chocolate dessert inspiration? Check out this healthy chocolate cake and the links below!
More Vegan Pie Recipes
Frozen Vegan Snickers Pie
Almond Flour Chocolate Crust
- 1 cup creamy almond butter well stirred
- 1 can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup peanuts
Making Almond Flour Chocolate Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch round tart pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and whisk until blended. Stir in coconut oil (make sure it is no longer hot), maple syrup, and vanilla extract until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Finish combining mixture by using your hands, making sure coconut oil is evenly distributed. Mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Press crust mixture evenly into prepared tart pan, starting with the sides and then the bottom. Bake for 13-15 minutes. When done, cool in pan on wire rack. Crust should be completely cool before adding filling layers.
Making Date Caramel
- Prepare your date caramel. Place your dates in a blender. Cover dates with hot water and allow to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain dates and place them back into blender. Add remaining date caramel ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Store date caramel in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Whipped Almond Butter Filling
- To make the filling, scoop 1 ⅔ cup coconut cream or the waxy solid from out of the coconut milk can into a medium bowl, stopping when you hit liquid below.
- Using an electric mixer, beat coconut cream for about 30 seconds. If using chilled coconut milk, beat until it starts to thicken and soft peaks appear. Add the almond butter, ½ cup maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until filling is thoroughly blended.
- Take cooled crust and spread date caramel over bottom, reserving about ¼ cup for later. Scatter about a ⅓ of a cup of the peanuts over the date caramel.
- Pour filling over caramel and peanuts and smooth top with a spatula. Place in freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the chocolate drizzle.
- Take pie out of freezer, line perimeter of pie with peanuts, pressing gently into filling, then drizzle chocolate sauce and remaining date caramel over top. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, allow pie to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting with a sharp knife.