These Vegan Gluten-Free Peach Muffins use fresh peaches and almond flour and oat flour. A healthier muffin recipe, icing optional!
Peaches are the summertime fruit worth the wait.
They come into their own at a point in the summer months that they are almost forgotten about.
Almost. But definitely not forgotten.
Gluten-Free Peach Muffin Ingredients
For this healthy muffin recipe, almond and oat flours combine for some whole grain goodness and a perfect crumb. Here’s the major ingredients you’ll need:
- Almond flour
- Gluten-free oat flour
- Ground flaxseed
- Almond milk
- Coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh peaches
- Organic powdered sugar (optional)
Making Peach Muffins
This recipe calls for three peaches. You’ll want your peaches to be ripened. After peeling all three peaches, pit and quarter two of them. You will use these in the blender and will puree them with the other liquid ingredients. The third peach will be diced and folded into your batter.
Starting with the ingredients bound for the blender, assemble them there then set the blender aside. Combine your dry ingredients. Then, blend the liquid ingredients on high, transfer to the dry ingredients, and stir.
Fold in those diced peaches, and there you have it! Peach muffin batter ready for the tin.
Peach muffins with icing
If you want to add a little breakfast bling, then drizzling a bit of icing on top of these muffins is completely adviseable. Top them all, top some, or none at all!
Want another easy peach recipe? Cookie and Kate’s creamy peach and honey popsicles are a cinch!
More Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes
Vegan Gluten-Free Peach Muffins
For the Muffins
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice half of 1 lemon
- 3 ripe peaches 2 peeled, pitted, and quartered, 1 peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (105g) almond flour
- 1 cup (110g) gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) arrowroot flour/starch cornstarch works here too
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup 120g organic powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-tin muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a blender, add flaxseeds, almond milk, lemon juice, the 2 quartered peaches, and melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, oat flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla extract to the mixture in the blender, and blend on high until smooth. Fold liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir to combine. Once evenly combined, fold in diced peaches. Evenly divide muffin batter amongst muffin tins. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, whisk together icing ingredients in a small bowl, if using. Add a little almond milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove peach muffins from oven and place tray on a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before drizzling icing on top. Allow icing to set before serving or storing. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.