This Gingerbread Granola is made with oats, almonds, cranberries, and spices! A deliciously festive cereal. Gluten-free, vegan.
The scent of gingerbread can be directly tied to the holiday season. Gingerbread men, gingerbread thumbprints, and simple ginger snap cookies all evoke that certain time of the year.
But instead of cookies or cake, this gingerbread granola recipe is a perfect way to change things up.
Simple and with minimal effort required, this recipe is delicious as breakfast, a snack, or as a topping.
Ingredients for Gingerbread Granola
There are only a handful of ingredients needed to make this baked granola, but this gluten-free gingerbread recipe uses deliciously fragrant spices and molasses.
Here are the major ingredients you will need:
- Gluten-free oats
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- Vanilla extract
Making Gingerbread Granola
For this gluten-free granola recipe, you will need a mixing bowl, a large spoon or spatula, parchment paper, and a large-rimmed baking sheet.
Get your equipment and ingredients out and ready. Here are the steps!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture over dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- Transfer mixture to baking sheet.
- Press into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool completely before breaking to pieces.
How to Serve Holiday Granola
In addition to granola as cereal, there other ways to enjoy these gingerbread spice clusters.
- Cereal with milk of choice
- Yogurt parfaits
- Ice cream
- Smoothie bowls
- Chocolate bark
This holiday spiced granola also makes great gifts! Gift it in a mason jar with a bow and give some gluten-free goodness.
Homemade Granola Recipes
Want more granola inspiration? Check out the gluten-free and dairy-free recipes below.
Gingerbread Granola (Gluten-Free)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cups (460g) gluten-free oats
- 1 cup (155g) raw almonds roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, cranberries, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, add olive oil, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon until the oat mixture is completely coated.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Use an extra sheet of parchment paper to packed down the oats.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. You may find halfway through that you want to tent the pan lightly with a sheet of foil so as not to burn the nuts or oats on the perimeter. Granola will be a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely. This will ensure there are clumps and clusters! Once cool, break into clumps. Place in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
I am obsessed with all of your granola recipes and I am excited to have a new one to try!
Great for breakfast or even a snack.
Yes! I love snacking on this one!
Okay YUM! I love granola and this looks like it will be so easy to make!
Great for gifting too!
This would be so cute in a mason jar to give away at the holiday time.