This Cinnamon Roll Granola recipe is made with whole grain oats, spices, olive oil, and maple syrup. An optional swirl of icing included! Gluten-free, vegan.
New year, new granola! Holiday breakfast sweets may be on the back burner until next season, but there's no reason why we can't enjoy the same flavors in a healthier way.
Inspired by a reader favorite, my French Toast Granola, this Cinnamon Roll Granola will give you all the cinnamon bun flavor without all the work.
Cinnamon Roll Granola Ingredients
Keeping gluten-free oats on hand in the pantry is always a good idea. They are great for cookies, bars, quick bread, crumbles, crisps, and making your own oat flour.
Throw in a handful of other pantry ingredients and you'll have the scent of baked cinnamon pastry wafting through your kitchen.
Here are the ingredients you'll need for the granola:
- Gluten-free oats
- Raw pecans
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Coconut sugar
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Pure vanilla extract
And here is what you need for that optional swirl of icing:
- Organic powdered sugar
- Unsweetened almond milk
Making gluten-free cinnamon roll granola can be done in four easy steps.
- Mix all your ingredients in a large bowl until the oats are coated.
- Press the oat mixture into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let cool and drizzle with icing, if desired.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Then, let the breakfast and snacking begin!
The icing on top! While completely optional, a light drizzle of icing across the baked granola gives it full cinnamon roll status. Once broken into clumps and pieces, each spoonful will have a touch of frosted bits.
The best way to store granola is in a sealed, airtight container.
Use it for:
- Topping yogurt or ice cream
Want more options for breakfast or snacks that are dairy-free and gluten-free? Check out Katie's paleo energy balls or the links below!
More Granola Recipes to Try
Cinnamon Roll Granola
- 4 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup raw pecans chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 pinches of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, pecans, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Pour liquid over dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon until the oat mixture is completely coated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Use a piece of parchment paper to pack down oats.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through bake time and flattening and packing back down into an even layer.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely on baking sheet. If using, mix together the icing ingredients. Once granola is cool, use a spoon or ziplock bag to drizzle icing back and forth on top of granola. Allow icing to set before breaking granola into chunks.
- Place granola in an airtight container. Best eaten within 3-4 days.
Love this for a snack :)
Definitely makes for a great snack!