Make your own Creamy Homemade Dole Whip! An easy frozen treat that is gluten-free and vegan.
Dole Whip seems to have a magical association. The creamy, cool treat is first had by many at Disneyworld or Disneyland.
What’s in Dole Whip you ask?
Primarily, pineapple. In my creamy homemade Dole Whip version, I’ve combined frozen pineapple chunks with frozen banana and coconut cream. And here’s why:
Do you need an ice cream maker for Dole Whip?
No. We’re keeping things simple here. A good food processor or high powered blender will do just fine.
I like using my food processor for this recipe due to the need for stopping and stirring, but that is completely personal preference. Use what you have on hand.
Need some more ice cold treats? Taylor's homemade caramel vanilla iced coffee is a summer must.
And, if you are feeling those tropical vibes, my mango raspberry bellini popsicles make for a refreshing brunch or happy hour treat.
More Frozen Dessert Recipes
Creamy Homemade Dole Whip
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ frozen banana sliced, then frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream prepared canned coconut cream or canned coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut milk or coconut water almond milk works well too
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender (I prefer using food processor here). Process or blend until smooth. You will have to stop occasionally to stir and wipe down sides until mixture blends smoothly.
- Scoop Creamy Homemade Dole Whip and transfer to serving glasses. Makes two 8oz servings or four 4oz servings.