This deliciously moist Olive Oil Cake with Peaches is easy to prepare and is not only gluten-free, but dairy-free and refined sugar-free! Made with a combination of almond and corn flours for a wholesome treat.
While this weekend may be the unofficial end of summer for those of us in the U.S., I can assure you that I am not finished with it yet. The pool days and traveling may have ended, but the fruits and vegetables of the season will be kept in full force in my kitchen.
Peaches often remind me of late summer sunsets. The vivid reds, oranges, and yellows seem to say that Mother Nature isn’t done with summer quite yet either.
And what better way to celebrate late summer than with an olive oil cake. This cake, made with a blend of almond and corn flours, has a sweet crumb that is enhanced with honey. A simple batter, it’s easily whipped up and then topped with ripe (but not too ripe!) peaches. Sweet summer in a cake is soon to be yours.
To serve, a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and powdered sugar, plus some coconut whipped cream if you like (I like), and you’re golden.
Olive Oil Cake with Peaches (Gluten-Free)
- Pistachios chopped
- Organic powdered sugar
- Coconut or regular whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease sides and bottom of a 9-inch springform cake pan with olive oil or coconut oil. Line bottom with parchment, greasing on top of parchment as well.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups almond flour, corn flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk honey, milk, olive oil, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand, gradually add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until lumps no longer appear.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange peach slices on top of batter in a single even layer, allowing a little space between each.
- Place cake pan on the middle oven rack and bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until middle is set and a toothpick or fork come out clean. Cool cake on wire rack.
- When cool, carefully remove side of pan. Serve with a sprinkle of pistachios and powdered sugar, if desired.