This gluten-free vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta recipe makes for a simple vegetarian dish. An easy and delicious one-pot meal!
One-pot meals can be weeknight lifesavers. Especially those that have a simple list of ingredients.
This easy vegan pasta recipe uses canned artichokes, your favorite gluten-free pasta, and fresh spinach for a flavorful and delicious meatless dinner option.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are mostly those you might already have in your pantry or fridge. Take a look at what you will need:
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Gluten-free pasta
- Red chili flakes
- Lemon juice
What kind of pasta is best for this recipe? This spinach artichoke pasta uses capellini pasta. Spaghetti or any other type of long noodle would work well.
If you're a penne fan, you must try this chicken Alfredo pasta bake!
How to Make Gluten-Free Artichoke Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread artichokes into an even layer on baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pot to the stove and heat remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, followed by the garlic for one minute.
- Transfer reserved pasta water to the pot.
- Add spinach and red chili flakes to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until spinach is wilted and then add artichokes and cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve warm and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Want more vegan meal inspiration? Check out these vegan fajitas or the links below!
More Easy One-Pot Meals
Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 2 - 14oz cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 12 oz gluten-free capellini or spaghetti
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pasta water
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (one lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- red chili flakes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place artichoke hearts evenly onto baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add water to a large pot or saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook pasta as instructed on packaging. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Rinse pasta with cold water and set aside.
- Return pan to stove over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and warm. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until they start to become soft and translucent. Then add garlic and cook for one minute. Add pasta water, then spinach and red chili flakes. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until spinach has wilted. Fold in artichokes and pasta. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with additional red chili flakes if desired.