These Vegan Funfetti Cookies will brighten your day! Made with almond flour and white rice flour for a gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free cookie. Don’t forget your favorite sprinkles!
Sprinkles, confetti, funfetti! Whichever speaks to you, these cookies have it!
This time of year there are so many things to celebrate. Graduations, birthdays, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and let’s not forget, the beginning of summer!
Homemade Funfetti Cookies Ingredients
Made with almond flour, white rice flour, and tapioca starch, these gluten-free cookies have just the right chewiness. Due to the starches that bind in this recipe, these gluten-free funfetti cookies are able to be made without eggs.
Plus, a little crunch and sweetness from your favorite rainbow sprinkles will have you reaching for a second.
Here are the major ingredients you will need:
- Almond flour
- White rice flour
- Tapioca starch
- Organic cane sugar
- Maple syrup
- Vegan butter
- Vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles
A note about sprinkles: Not all sprinkles are created equal when it comes to being gluten-free and vegan. Be sure to check labels based on your dietary needs and preferences. These birthday party sprinkles from Sweetopolita fit the bill and are so pretty!
How to Make Gluten-Free Funfetti Cookies
This easy cookie dough comes together quickly. A bit of sprinkles are mixed into the dough and then the cookie dough balls are rolled in the sprinkles.
There’s no such thing as too many sprinkles!
Here are the steps for making this funfetti cookie recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a slurry with the tapioca starch and water and set aside.
- Combine organic cane sugar, maple syrup, and melted vegan butter.
- Add tapioca starch slurry and vanilla extract.
- Stir in remaining dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of sprinkles.
- Place remaining sprinkles on a plate.
- Scoop one tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in the sprinkles.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat until all dough is used.
- Flatten balls halfway down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool.
Customize Your Sprinkle Cookies
These vegan funfetti cookies are a perfect dessert to customize for an event, holiday, or celebration. Buy singular sprinkle colors and create your own blend or use one with colors and shapes that fits best.
Here some some ideas:
- Baby showers
- Wedding showers
- Mother’s Day
- 4th of July
- St. Patrick’s Day
Want more almond flour recipes? Check out these almond flour chocolate cookies and the links below!
More Cookies with Almond Flour
Vegan Funfetti Cookies
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup (116g) organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (40g) white rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (check label to ensure gluten-free/vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tapioca starch and water in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Stir to combine and allow to sit for a couple minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine organic cane sugar and maple syrup. Whisk to combine. Whisk in vegan butter, followed by tapioca starch slurry and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, white rice flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until ingredients are completely incorporated. If needed, use your hands to thoroughly combine ingredients into a cohesive cookie dough.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of the rainbow sprinkles into the cookie dough. Place the remaining sprinkles on a plate.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough, then roll into a ball. Place ball on plate with sprinkles, roll to coat, then place on prepared baking sheet. Space cookie dough balls about an 1 1/2 inches apart. Repeat until cookie sheet is filled with even rows.
- Using your palm or the bottom of a glass, press each dough ball down about halfway.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set on the outside. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days.