Love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? These Vegan Peanut Butter Eggs are a homemade healthier version and ready to celebrate Spring! Gluten-free.
If you are dairy-free or trying to avoid dairy, those end of aisle chocolate Easter candies can be very tempting.
Luckily, it is easy to recreate some of those favorites at home. And specifically, Reese's peanut butter eggs. Read on to get the recipe!
Vegan Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Ingredients
The ingredient list for these chocolate eggs is short. Here are the items you will need:
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Egg-shaped cookie cutter
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
- Combine peanut butter and maple syrup in a medium bowl.
- Add almond flour to mixture and stir to integrate.
- Transfer mixture to a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll peanut butter dough to a ½ inch thickness.
- Use egg-shaped cookie cutters to cut eggs until all dough is used.
- Place peanut butter eggs in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Add vanilla extract and grab a fork to start dipping.
- Dip peanut butter eggs into melted chocolate.
- Put eggs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set.
Ideas for Decorating Chocolate Easter Eggs
Chocolate covered peanut butter eggs are great on their own. But, decorating eggs is also a fun, festive option. Here are some ideas:
- Vegan white chocolate drizzle
- Gold leaf
- Pastel candies
More Dairy-Free Chocolate Treats
Vegan Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Place another piece of parchment paper onto a pastry board or cutting board. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup. Add the almond flour and stir to combine. Squeeze mixture with your hands to get a smooth dough.
- Transfer peanut butter mixture onto parchment-lined pastry board. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out to a ½ inch thickness. Use a 3-inch egg shaped cookie cutter to cut egg shapes.
- Place egg cutouts onto prepared baking sheet. Once all the peanut butter mixture has been used, place baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When peanut butter eggs are ready, place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate chips are almost completely melted. Stir until completely melted. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Using a fork, dip peanut butter eggs in melted chocolate to coat. Tap fork to get rid of excess chocolate and transfer back to baking sheet. Repeat until all eggs are coated.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.